Front bonet rams,HOW,WHAT KIND,HOW DO I INSTAL

Currently reading:
Front bonet rams,HOW,WHAT KIND,HOW DO I INSTAL

S

Scotty

Can any one give details about rams for the front bonet?instead of the silly bonet bender pole.
I have seen some pics with them on the cars,i had to remove the pole anyway to put in my enclosed induction kit.
Any tips or advice would be great.
CHEERS.

aye search function or just have a look in the modding section first

as for the old bonnet stay, just yank the damn thing about, itll break sooner or later trust me :) most go o their own anywho, so shouldnt take too much effort

Andy

andysxtag.jpg

Current Status: Engine running baby :) just need tax and mot :)

THE GAUNTLETS BEEN THROWN DOWN... THE BATTLE OF THE 1.2'S IS ON :)

Ye i had to yank it out already,to get room for an enclosed induction kit.

I think the desing of the original stay is bloody silly it twists the hole bonet even when only being up for a short time,and then you have to pull the bonet over to the driver side when closing so it will close properly.

Any way thats an end to that,i just bought a set that comes with full instructions with it,the one that Craig put me on to.

Cheers all.

im currently running the exact set posted on ebay even got them from the same dealer. they are easy to fit.

beware however the bonnet hinges have to be undone, well one of the 2 bolts, and it can cause the hinge to come out of alignment and you have youself a wonky bonnet.

also if your bonnet is up and you get a strong gust of wind it may be enough to compress them resulting in the bonnet closing.

i know this first hand as after lifting my head out from under my bonnet it flew down about 2 inchs from my nose!

Thanks for the tips Tom,i will keep them in mind.
so would you say they were up to the job then?