General For those who do not own Stilo Abarth!!!

Currently reading:
General For those who do not own Stilo Abarth!!!

come on pips! Could it be that you are over-reacting to this issue? It is not that bad! I do not honestly think that you need any brain power to read the dials. Honestly, come on![8)]

pantelis
2002 Stilo 80 Active, no alloys, no power tuning, tinted windows, love the sky window though!

Originally posted by rriggs
....and Andreas, why have you got your girlie button switched on? (see middle photo above). Were you having a lazy day? ;)

What is a girlie button?[?]

pantelis
2002 Stilo 80 Active, no alloys, no power tuning, tinted windows, love the sky window though!

As far as i can understand the girlie button is the city button. Isn't this right rriggs? Which by the way is a feature that exists to use it. When i take off my helmet and my driving gloves i use it :D:p:D

Andreas (CY)
Fiat Stilo 1.6 3Door Dynamic, Metallic Black, 16" Alloys, Dual Zone Climate Control, Steering Wheel Radio Buttons.

The "girlie button" is the CITY button and I was taking the mickey. It's been called that people in the UK ever since it was launched in the Punto. Something to do with girls not being able to drive properly. I wouldn't know I'm not sexist and I'm too scared to travel in a car driven by a woman! ;)

To be honest, the steering's so light in the Stilo anyway I cannot really see the point of it. Never mind, it's another gadget to say the car has got.

Roja

2003 Silver 3-Door Abarth

I agree, Roja, that the steering is so light but what if you leave in Greece?
There in the UK (as far as i can tell from the 5 times i've been there) you have big, beautiful, wide, clean roads. Here? Ha! Ok there are wide roads but if you visit downtown then definitely you will need the "girlie button". There are times when if you want to park you have to move the car to and fro for about 5 times. If i don't use the "girlie button" during this process, then i will have to skip the gym :D.

Andreas (CY)
Fiat Stilo 1.6 3Door Dynamic, Metallic Black, 16" Alloys, Dual Zone Climate Control, Steering Wheel Radio Buttons.

The city button as a primary function exists to help in parking and driving slow in city conditons. Nevrtheless it switches automatically to standard steering after one exceeds 70 km per hour. To be honest, i have it on all the time! I cannot be bothered to change it on and off. It is a matter of getting used to it really!

pantelis

I had it on at the beginning but i found it a bit dangerous during an aggressive left/right turn start. Now i use it when i drive through those narrow city streets and when parking. B)

Andreas (CY)

Have you been to the UK? You must be thinking of the roads in France or Geramny or the US or something!! Our roads are all tarmac but they're in a terrible state. It's a big public issue at the moment that all the money we pay in car tax does not get spelt on the road.

Mind you, I was in Spain a couple of weeks ago and my Ford Fiesta hire car only just made around some of the dusty mountain hairpins - Almost wished I had a girlie button (but only almost!).

Take care

Roja

2003 Silver 3-Door Abarth

Back