Technical footwell and boot led lights plus dash open-door light is always off

Currently reading:
Technical footwell and boot led lights plus dash open-door light is always off

nickpaokgr

Hi,first of all sorry for English(Its not my native language) I was willing to install footwell and boot led lights and currently i dont have a multimeter in my hands, so i was wandering how many volts and watts does the boot plug for light provides? Also how many does the interior light(the one that lights up when you open the doors , i dont know it's name) provides? What LED strip tapes can i use?(i want an example link from e bay).
Further more i have a second question , it's about the interior light that lights up when you open the doors. Does the dashboard icon of a window suppose to light up when i open the doors? Because mine does not work, when i open any door or the trunk the light remains off(on the dashboard) but the interior light lights up correctly. Thanks in advance.
p.s. when i turn on the key it lights up for a few secs even tho the doors are closed(the typical procedure that many lights come on when you turn the key and then they go off and then you fire the car). So why the interior light works but i dont see open doors icon in dashboard? Thanks once again.

p.s. also how many watts and volts does the cigarette light bulb provides? Could i connect the footwell leds there so when i turn on the head lights, the footwell will turn on too? thanks once again

Last edited:
You can use any LED strip that runs off 12 volts. All of the electrics are 12 volts. I believe the wattage of the bulb in the cigarette lighter is 1.2W. The bulbs in the interior lights will be either 5w or possibly 10w.

You could use these strips:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6x-12V-L...-COB-CAR-LAMP-WHITE-DAY-DRIVING/172359171337?

You just need to run a pair of wires from the interior light in the roof by the mirror to the footwell, I used this guide to help me.

https://www.fiatforum.com/punto-mk2-2b-guides/303653-wiring-footwell-leds-interior-light.html

I did not solder the wires, I just created a bare wire loop and then placed the loops on each end of the bulb and used the pressure of the bulb to keep the wires in place.

I'll take a photo of it so you can see what I mean.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back