General fog light lens

Currently reading:
General fog light lens

martp

Had an 07 mjet 1.9 grande punto for about a year and half now, few niggling problems but nothing major (fingers crossed). Was wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to replace the lens on a front foglight. somehow managed to smashed mine, went to fiat garage who quoted £88 for the whole foglight. im sure i can find one at the scrap yard, but not sure how or even if you can just replace the lens?!. any ideas???!

If the lens is smashed ,and has been for a while, you have grit, poo, grime, fluff, horse-****, gravel, moisture, roadkill, false teeth, cat fur, dog-ends, salt, and other impediments in your lamp housing and reflector. It may no longer reflect anything, other than badly upon the owner.

May I point Sir toward Ebay, or that online Fiat dealer crowd. I think the entire thing is held in with some screws.

may i say, sir, what fine advice, and i thank one for such a speedy response.

£40 on eBay, be sure to order correct one, there's normal, and black, mines a 1.9 sporting and mine are the black ones, something to do withthe reflector, the non black ones look really chrome

does anyone know how easy it is to replace the foglight?, garage job or not?

you can get a new chrome one from ebay for under £30 delivered. there are 3 bolts holding it in place. two under the bumper and one above the fog light

does anyone know how easy it is to replace the foglight?, garage job or not?

nice and simple there are 3 bolts and one multiplug which supply's the power

if you have a under tray (plastic tray under engine you will need to remove this (usually screwed in place)

then unbolt the old one pull off the multiplug and put new one in

if it still works park car facing a wall and mark with chalk the beam level before removing then use a small spanner or nut runner to adjust the new one so it matches the old

1778858347_6046d17e5a.jpg

(that is a "sporting" unit you can see the three plastic legs where the bolts go to the chrome rod near the lower left bracket is the level adjuster

Back