General Flying 500

Currently reading:
General Flying 500

timgarman

Established member
Hi Folks

Haven't been on for a while, but came across this Bambina photo in a book I'm designing on topdressing (crop spraying) in NZ. This DC-3 pilot is ready to drive home from any remote airstrip in New Zealand after a spot of topdressing in his DC-3. Easy – just drive the Bambina on-board, spray the crops, park up at the airstrip, drive off and drive home!

This photo was taken in 1976 in Woodbourne, South Island, NZ. Sadly the pilot downgraded to a mini, which must have been a bit tighter for space.

Regards, health and festive wishes

Tim

Attachments

• Bambina.jpg
    Bambina.jpg
    1,002.5 KB · Views: 33
Those Fiat 500s must have been like Kiwi hand luggage 😀 Todd Niall’s wonderful book ‘Bambina’ features this 1964 picture.
E68E2CE2-7B30-46F4-A03B-4E66E1629858.jpeg

That is super cool! Any chance of a quality scan of that b/w photo?

Im slowly collecting as many digital prints of vintage fiat stuff, and eventually i want to pc together a vintage 500 collage of all the historic fiat snippits/photos (vintage 500, abarth, Gianni, etc) and print it approx 60" x 30" and put it up on my garage wall. The joys of fun projects with a wide format printer. :)

Im slowly collecting as many digital prints of vintage fiat stuff, and eventually i want to pc together a vintage 500 collage of all the historic fiat snippits/photos (vintage 500, abarth, Gianni, etc) and print it approx 60" x 30" and put it up on my garage wall. The joys of fun projects with a wide format printer. :)
Will have to check with the owner, but I suspect it will be ok. Will forward the digital file when I have clearance.

Should you or anyone else be interested I happen to have a spare brand new copy of the Bambina book. A 500 owner saw my copy and said if I could get him a copy he would have it. At the time the only ones I could find on eBay were about £70. Some time later I found one on a Web site for about £30 so I ordered it. I had not realised it was coming from New Zealand and by the time it arrived the 500 guy seemed to have disappeared off the scene. So it is up for grabs at cost if interested. Nice Christmas present 😀
BD2F5086-FE6D-4BA0-8F4A-3AF6D6AB7BAF.jpeg
A9853D84-4E2D-408D-938D-42BF3932D6D1.jpeg

Should you or anyone else be interested I happen to have a spare brand new copy of the Bambina book. A 500 owner saw my copy and said if I could get him a copy he would have it. At the time the only ones I could find on eBay were about £70. Some time later I found one on a Web site for about £30 so I ordered it. I had not realised it was coming from New Zealand and by the time it arrived the 500 guy seemed to have disappeared off the scene. So it is up for grabs at cost if interested. Nice Christmas present 😀
View attachment 391860View attachment 391861
it's a really good book, too. Well worth owning

View attachment 391860View attachment 391861
Would you be interested in shipping to the states? If so, let me know how much!

I am afraid that the book has already begun a journey to the new owner which will involve a trip across the Atlantic 😀

Hi Bounding Bambino

Sorry, I notice you were referring to the black and white posted by Toshi. However, I've attached a high res RGB jpg of the one I have (which has never been published). It's not very big (the file size, not the car :) ) but I've checked with the owner and you are welcome to it. 1.8mb

Regards

Tim

Attachments

• Bambina.jpg
    Bambina.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
Back