fli active subwoofer trouble

Currently reading:
fli active subwoofer trouble

monkey dust

hi i already have a 12" fli active subwoofer installed and was given another one buy a m8 i was just wondering how i would go about installing it and what i would need to do this ie would i need to get another amp

If its an active sub, then you wont need another amp, because its already got one built in (you can tell this by if its got power connections at the back of it). Then its just a case of running power and RCA to it. You can either bridge the power supply off your other sub (depending what cableing etc you are using) or run a seperate power supply.

Hope that helps,
Alan

i maneged to bridge the the rem wire and the live wire and grounded the earth wire but stupid me forgot that i only have a two channel head unit is there any type of adaptors so that i could bridge the the rca to the other amp so that they are both running to the head unit

Yes, you can buy a little box that converts 1 RCA input into 2 RCA inputs. I think halfords do them, possibly Maplin to, or any decent car audio shop.
Cheers,
Alan

Either what alan said or you can bet something called a Y splitter very cheaply off Fleabay.
You shouldnt really bridge power cables you should use a distribution block 1 wire in 2 out i think that i have an old one sumwhere if you want it just PM me if you do. Also what have you done with the earth wires have you bridged them because that could be very bad.

just had a look on ebay there is only y splitter with one male and two female will this work

It'll probably come out again soon enough, Everyone I know with Fli stuff has has problems with it. Sure, it may be designed by Vibe, but its put together by some halfords work experience lad last thing on a friday afternoon.

Back