Technical Flat battery

Currently reading:
Technical Flat battery

4paws

I'm having problems with a flat battery.

When the cars sat on the driveway for a month the battery drains. I've swapped the battery and I get the same problem. Somethings draining the battery when the cars not in use.

How do I go about tracing the faulty circuit? Can you remove fuses and then check across the fuse holder with a multimeter whether that circuit is drawing any current when the ignition's off?

there is a "probe" area on standard automotive fuses, what your going to want to do is turn the car off, and probe all fuse's, keep in mine if you have an alarm, clock. and all that good stuff. they will draw some slight current. what you need to look for is the one drawing the most current, once you find out what it is. make sure it's nothing VITAL to the car, yank it out. then check the car after it's been sitting for awhile, and if she starts, thats your culprit. if not, sods luck. back to square one. this can be a very annyoing and long process of elimination because when you think it's one it could be another.

ohh and don't be an idiot like me and pull the fuse for the light and think you found it, you will be scratching your head as to why it never worked :D

Back