Technical Fitting rear mudflaps to a Grande

Currently reading:
Technical Fitting rear mudflaps to a Grande

jjr0305

Hi all. I was just after some advice with the fitting of my rear mudflaps.
I've got the right screws for them, I just need to know exactly how to put them on. I've got an 06 1.4 8v GP.

I've tried to find numerous threads on here, but none have been as detailed as I would have liked. Do the flaps slot underneath the lining of the bumper, or can they go over the top of it? Do I have to drill the lining for the new screws, or do I use the existing screws and holes which are in the lining?

The flaps which I've got have got two holes on them, however they don't match up with the positioning of the screws on the bumper lining.

The screws in the bumper lining seem to be really sunk in, which leads me to believe that putting the flap behind the lining isn't the way forward? I've highlighted in blue dots the positioning of the screws on the bumper, however they're in totally different positions to the ones on the flaps themselves. Is there a solution to fitting these, or do I have to get different ones? I was told these would fit my model.

That's no bother. Will that work though, seeing as the holes are so sunk in on the bumper? The plastic on the flaps will have to be bent fairly far by the looks of it.

I see what you mean lad there should be a bit of a lip at the bottom to screw it to the arch lining, best suggestion would be to take the arch lining off and slot it between that and the car. There's about 4 or 5 screws to take the arch lining off though

Back