Styling Fitting Neon Lights

Currently reading:
Styling Fitting Neon Lights

NITR8

Im currently fitting a set of neon lights on to my cinq(the ones from Halfords) has anyone ever fitted these on a cinq and was there any problems they found. cheers

i fitted them on a sei, which is very similer

if they are the ones that plug into fag lighter then they very easy to fit

its best to lay the neons on on the ground before you put them on as there is a right and wrong way to put them on

what i did is drill into the car and use self tapping screws to fix the brackets securely, i covered the screws in vaseline before i screwed them up, i hoped the vaseline would act as a barrier to stop any rust

make sure you also have plenty of cable ties cause you dont want wires dangling or wires getting caught in anything

it shouldnt take long to fit them as there is very little wiring up to do, you just have to connect everything up and away you go

good luck, you should be able to do them in a couple of hours

make sure you hide the tubes as best as possible, cause they will look awful otherwise

*if they are not the fag lighter ones, the method of fixing them to the car will be the same, but you will have to wire them direct to the battery, via a switch and fuse, you will aslo need to find a suitable earthing point

Last edited:
Cheers there not the fag lighter ones i have already wired up the transfomer, relay and switch just the fitting left just wanted to no if there was space for them as i was starting to get woried as there 48 inch sides and 36 inch front back.

Maybe I did mine the wrong way, but for the sides you really need skirts so that the tubes are hidden, i dont, so only have front and back left.

The mounting of them was quite difficult and I made up special brackets so they fitted right. The front one was the most difficult, as I have an sx, so there is not enough room betwixt the bumper and the rad.

I used some specially "reshaped" 4 inch L brackets with the plasctic mounting brackets attacked to them, so the tube sits behind the rad, out of the way, just make sure it doesnt conect with the cooling fan..

on the back it was reasonably straight forward, just using the same idea, with L brackets holding the tubs so it could actually be seen. I cable tied the passenger side end to the bumper to stop it melting on the exhaust.

Hope this helps

Back