General Fitting Bumper

Currently reading:
General Fitting Bumper

stuart936

Hi,

Quick question really, how easy is it to fit a Fiat Punto 1996 rear bumper...
Is it possible for anyone to supply me with a link to a site with detailed instructions.

Thank You in advance.

Stuart

Open the boot, and you will have bolts along the inside edge, some inside the wheel arches (need to move the lining), then some bolts from underneath, most are visible, except the ones in the wheel arches

Thank You for your help, does that mean i will have to remove the wheels?

Stuart

Should be able to do it without, just need a small screwdriver to remove the arch lining, should be ok to do without

Thank You very much your help much appreciated. i will have a good look at it this weekend.

Stuart

(y)

stuart936 said:
Hi,

Quick question really, how easy is it to fit a Fiat Punto 1996 rear bumper...
Is it possible for anyone to supply me with a link to a site with detailed instructions.

Thank You in advance.

Stuart

Just did mi missus,s bumper at the weekend, absolute piece of p**s.
As mentioned previously- 1/ remove fixings along the top of bumper along boot opening.
2/ Get stubby phillips screwdriver and remove two possibly three screws from the rear of each rear wheel arch.
3/ Get underneath the bumper and remove aprox five bolts.
4/ Pull gently and the bumper will come away.
5/ Have a cup of tea and a fag stand back and tell yourself how brilliant you are!!(y)

MATT 68 said:
Just did mi missus,s bumper at the weekend, absolute piece of p**s.
As mentioned previously- 1/ remove fixings along the top of bumper along boot opening.
2/ Get stubby phillips screwdriver and remove two possibly three screws from the rear of each rear wheel arch.
3/ Get underneath the bumper and remove aprox five bolts.
4/ Pull gently and the bumper will come away.
5/ Have a cup of tea and a fag stand back and tell yourself how brilliant you are!!(y)

And then when putting your new shiny bodykit rear bumper on don't drop it like I did :bang:

Back