General Fitting Bespoke Seat Covers ?

Currently reading:
General Fitting Bespoke Seat Covers ?

Monty205

The vehicle is a 2013 Ducato, 130 multijet, on a short wheelbase, and it is now getting on a bit. The drivers seat is looking rather shabby, so I have purchased some rather nice seat covers. The fitting instructions are minimal, and I have come across a couple of 'small' problems. Before I regale the vendors of the covers, I thought that there may be some advice available in this forum with regard to the removal of the armrests and some of the seat trim.
To remove the armrests; is it just a matter of undoing the two attachment screws, or is there some other way to remove them? I am just concerned that removing the attachment screws may allow any retaining nuts and washers to fall into an inaccessible area within the seat structure, as there is no easy access to the rear of the armrest attachment location. It is possible that there are no nuts and washers involved, and the attachment screws are fixed directly into the structure. Has any member any input on this issue?
Removing the seat side panels; the inner panels are easy to remove, but the removal of the outer panels is made difficult as there is the seat-back rake-adjustment wheel in the way. This wheel would need to be removed, in order to remove the side panel, and I can see no way to easily do this.
If anybody can offer any advice it would be much appreciated

Attachments

• Seat 1.jpg
    Seat 1.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 77
  • Seat 2.jpg
    Seat 2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Seat 3.jpg
    Seat 3.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 27
Last edited: