General first service, £260??

Currently reading:
General first service, £260??

Re: 1st service cost 1.4 t-jet

Nothing wrong with the way you are doing things matey, if we were your local dealer we'd be begging for your trade lol! Sounds like you have a good independant garage who are serving you well

Nothing wrong with the way you are doing things matey, if we were your local dealer we'd be begging for your trade lol! Sounds like you have a good independant garage who are serving you well

We've used them for a few years now, next test for them is a new clutch cable on a 1.4 Seat Ibiza... I'm hoping the pedal-box isnt falling to bits...

Blo*dy V.A.G.... :rolleyes:

Seems to be so many people whineing about service charges. You pays for whats you get tbh. Pay pennies and get a crap service and no Fiat Examiner Diag machine which is vital on these fancy new cars with all the gizmo's that require constant software updates.

Oh and people like T have to make money some how :D.

I'm getting my 2nd service at Alan Gibsons near Basingstoke for £490 all in.

It's a 1.9 with air con, 15k on the clock.

Any further servicing will not be done by the dealer due to the price:eek:

:eek: Blood and Sand! :shakehead: There is no justification....

i rang the independant i use they said £79 but did say extra things were not included that i will have to pay for , spark plugs , pollen filter for t-jet i guess . £345 was quoted by Glyn Hopkin fiat milton keynes

Makes my £420 look positively cheap! I wonder how much Souls in MK would have charged for a second service on my 1.3 Mjet 90 with 30,000 on the clock?

Didn't even know they existed until about two weeks ago when I went in for a brochure to discover they no longer sold Fiats (but still did servicing) and pointed me at Glyn Hopkins.

i rang the independant i use they said £79 but did say extra things were not included that i will have to pay for , spark plugs , pollen filter for t-jet i guess . £345 was quoted by Glyn Hopkin fiat milton keynes

Thought so!

Come see us matey, we have been serving MK,Beds and Luton customers for 5 years on Fiat now and as I said earlier in the thread we come in at a more reasonable price!

If your interested in getting us to do it mention the forum and we'll knock our already cheaper price down slightly more for you!

Thought so!

Come see us matey, we have been serving MK,Beds and Luton customers for 5 years on Fiat now and as I said earlier in the thread we come in at a more reasonable price!

If your interested in getting us to do it mention the forum and we'll knock our already cheaper price down slightly more for you!

I live near MK, how much could you do a 3 year old GP Sporting 1.9 D with 17 thousand miles on the clock?

Are you a FIAT Dealer? Or Approved one?!

I live near MK, how much could you do a 3 year old GP Sporting 1.9 D with 17 thousand miles on the clock?

Are you a FIAT Dealer? Or Approved one?!

Hi Jason,

PM me your reg and I;ll get the service dept to quote it for you, Is it the 3rd service (54k) you are looking at?

We are a main dealer mate :)

That's an insane price!
My girlfriends old 120d's major service at BMW was less than that!
I thought £180 was extortion for my 18k on the GPS Mjet!

1.9 Multijet Second Service? DPF?

My car (1.9 Multijet Sporting) is due its second service and I have had the following quotes from a few different fiat dealers in my area for the service which I think are very expensive;
  • Dealer 1 - DPF £390 - No DPF £455
  • Dealer 2 - DPF £340 - No DPF £399
  • Dealer 3 - DPF £357 - No DPF £417
  • Dealer 4 - DPF £352 - No DPF £408
I do know the difference between the service of a car with a DPF and one without and why the prices are different but having looked through threads on here I still dont know whether my car has a DPF or not.

Some people say all the 1.9 multijets have a DPF, some say ones built 2007 onwards have a DPF and some say only the ones with a light one the dash for have one (which mine doesnt seem to)!! Anyone know the best way to tell?

Also on the cost of the service is there a way I can get them lower than this?

I know I could take the car to an independent garage/Arnold Clark but Im thinking of selling/trading the car next year so its going to look better with 2 fiat services. Also I dont want my warranty getting voided by some garage saying yeah we'll put the right parts on whatever, then they dont :p

Cheers

Back