Technical First Post, First Speaker upgrade

Currently reading:
Technical First Post, First Speaker upgrade

rowanlewisuk

Hello everyone,
This is my first post, although I have read hundreds of posts over the past year.

My question is,
I have ordered some speakers, speaker adapters and a rivet gun kit for the front and rear of my 06 Grande Punto 5dr. I have everything I need to install them.

But out of curiosity, would it be beneficial to use "automotive rubber sealent" (car silicone) to provide a modest seal on the mounts and speakers before they are riveted? I feel this will help prevent any vibrations and potentially improve my audio quality.

If this is stupid or a waste of time, please, let me know.

Thanks for your help in advance!

If you have a 2 door, be prepared for an epic adventure getting to the rear speakers.
It's an indepth job.

If you have a 2 door, be prepared for an epic adventure getting to the rear speakers.
It's an indepth job.

my god...I've done it once and never again.

Funny thing is that at first I thought I can have access to them just by removing the plastic part infront of the speakers - ha ha ha :bang:

Hello everyone,
This is my first post, although I have read hundreds of posts over the past year.

My question is,
I have ordered some speakers, speaker adapters and a rivet gun kit for the front and rear of my 06 Grande Punto 5dr. I have everything I need to install them.

But out of curiosity, would it be beneficial to use "automotive rubber sealent" (car silicone) to provide a modest seal on the mounts and speakers before they are riveted? I feel this will help prevent any vibrations and potentially improve my audio quality.

If this is stupid or a waste of time, please, let me know.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Install MDF rings before installing speakers,

Then install speakers. index.jpg

I would also suggest soundproofing the door panels!
It's quite costly but I did it last month and indescribable sound difference!
I installed two kenwood 230w and mid tweeters on the front door. The rattling from the metal door panels was crazy with any bass.
Popped down to local car hi-if shop and picked up 1,6mm gold mats
And 1,8mm silver mats
Done it all myself and both front doors are dead to any vibrations

Well worth it!

I would also suggest soundproofing the door panels!

Hi, sorry to just jump in on this thread, but I have the same problem with rattling door panels and was thinking of soundproofing them too. How much (area) soundproofing did you use and do you stick it to the inside of the door card or to the actual door?

I bought self-adhesive mats
Were 50cm x 50cm
I needed two each door for direct on outer door panel (silver)
And two more (gold) for just behind the door panel
I basically covered any red metal as that's my car colour in these mats.
The guy told me which to use inside and which to use behind the plastic panels
Was fairly easy to measure up and do myself.
Like I say....sound difference is night and day!

I can stick a picture up tomorrow to let you see

Back