Technical Find existing radio code...

Currently reading:
Technical Find existing radio code...

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Angry of Hampshire

I know there's 3 million websites telling you how to pay for a radio code but I thought it might be an idea to find the existing code before you disconnect the battery. Without taking the radio out!
Any ideas?

I know there's 3 million websites telling you how to pay for a radio code but I thought it might be an idea to find the existing code before you disconnect the battery. Without taking the radio out!
Any ideas?

Nope..

It will be recognised by the body computer as the 'original'

I upgraded to a better FIAT unit in my panda

After a while it stopped asking for the code as it had 'adopted it ' :cool:

If you make a donation to the forum, we can likely get your radio code for you, but you will have to take out the radio to access the label on the back of it.

But as long as it's the original radio, you should be able to take it out without needing the code, as the relevant information is stored in the car's body computer.

The other option is to piggyback a second 12v feed across the battery terminals before removing it, so that power is never lost - but this shouldn't be necessary if you are just fitting a new battery.

If disconnecting the battery (and the radio is the original Fiat one) then you won't need a code on reconnecting.

If however you remove the radio, then best to assume you will need to enter the code on reinstalling it (or another Fiat radio) and switching it on.

(Though @veresecrazy's experience was an interesting one....haven't heard of that before :unsure: )

Nick

Thanks guys. In the end I went for it without disconnecting the battery.
I was replacing the rear tailgate bit because it was all cracking up and snapping.
Thanks again. See you on the road ✊

If you make a donation to the forum, we can likely get your radio code for you, but you will have to take out the radio to access the label on the back of it.

But as long as it's the original radio, you should be able to take it out without needing the code, as the relevant information is stored in the car's body computer.

The other option is to piggyback a second 12v feed across the battery terminals before removing it, so that power is never lost - but this shouldn't be necessary if you are just fitting a new battery.

Can this be done for the 2019 radio I bought? i installed it in my 2015 but have no code.

Attachments

• IMG_3816.jpeg
    IMG_3816.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3815.jpeg
    IMG_3815.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3817.png
    IMG_3817.png
    572.2 KB · Views: 36
Try doing a search for:

radio code continental fiat 312 vp2 EMEA DAB NAV

and be careful out there if you download anything - code generators are well known for being riddled with viruses, trojans and worms.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back