Technical Help with the dreaded Radio Code

Currently reading:
Technical Help with the dreaded Radio Code

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

KarlMurinas

Hi All, I really could do with some help with a Fiat 500 I have brought for my daughter. Its her first car and is still learning but when I brought it the CD player had two CDs stuck in it, I managed to get this out but it ended up the automatic feeder wasn't working, probably the reason there was 2 CDS in. Anyway...long story short, i purchased a replacement online that came with the radio code, fitted it, entered the code but says 'Wrong Code' 🙈🙈

I have rang the Fiat dealership who said they can sell me a code after they request it and that even though i have the radio code for the new one, its actually synced to the car it came from and they would need the details for that car.

I may try and change the CD mechanism in the broken one to the working one from the new one then keep the same radio but not sure i'm able to do this.

I'm quite confused. so if anyone can shed any light and help me out it would be appreciated. I have log book and ownership details etc.. should people need to see them as i've only just joined the forum so I could post.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome two options
Buy a vastly superior aftermarket radio with infinite connection abilities using a replacement fascia

Post pictures of the labels on the new radio, make a donation to the forum and someone will send you the code

Note either option the car will need proxi alignment to stop the mileage flashing?

If the cd transport is removable it may well be possible to put into the original radio which won't need coding to the car?

Oh what year and does the car have Bluetooth?

Welcome two options
Buy a vastly superior aftermarket radio with infinite connection abilities using a replacement fascia

Post pictures of the labels on the new radio, make a donation to the forum and someone will send you the code

Note either option the car will need proxi alignment to stop the mileage flashing?

If the cd transport is removable it may well be possible to put into the original radio which won't need coding to the car?

Oh what year and does the car have Bluetooth?
Happy to make a donation and receive a code, but won't that code be the one i already have that isn't working OR would it be a picture of the old original radio from the car that isn't working?

The code is specific to the radio not the car, I suspect its the wrong one, if it is the correct one it would come to life straight away, one of the members has access to the majority of European codes for the radio using the details from the radio itself.
You will still need the radio "coding/proxi alignment " to the car
Does the feeder motor run but not load?

John - thanks for the help.

The feeder motor doesn't make a sound so I'm not sure it runs at all. problem i may now have is the original Radio has not been in the car for a week or so, so i'm concerned when i pop that back in, that will now ask for a code, which i don't have.

I'll get pictures of both and post them on here later.

I don't even know what the coding/proxi alignment is?

Original radio "shouldn't" need the code
Proxi alignment is a process of getting all the cars ecu's to correctly talk to each other so replacing one sees as non Original and whilst it may work an indication of mismatch is a flashing mileage indication you need a laptop and the correct Fiat (MES) software to do this

Don't know if this will help or not but pic with removal prongs in is new radio - I have a code but doesn't work. The other one is the older one. CD doesn't work but no code needed. This is the one I'm trying to replace.

Attachments

• IMG_3935.jpeg
    IMG_3935.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3936.jpeg
    IMG_3936.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Don't know if this will help or not but pic with removal prongs in is new radio - I have a code but doesn't work. The other one is the older one. CD doesn't work but no code needed. This is the one I'm trying to replace.
To calculate codes for Bosch radios, I need the serial numbers of the radios . The serial numbers will be 815CM followed by 12 digits. The 5th digit may be a letter instead of a number.

Please post the numbers, not photographs.

Hi Davren.

The serial number for the new Radio I'm putting in is 815CM8572A9019236.
are you able to just check if code 6125 is the correct code as this is what's on the card that's come with it but it doesn't accept it.

The serial on the old radio is all faded and I can't make it out. But as this was the original, it doesn't ask for a code, even though it's been out of the vehicle for over a week.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Davren.

The serial number for the new Radio I'm putting in is 815CM8572A9019236.
are you able to just check if code 6125 is the correct code as this is what's on the card that's come with it but it doesn't accept it.

The serial on the old radio is all faded and I can't make it out. But as this was the original, it doesn't ask for a code, even though it's been out of the vehicle for over a week.

Thanks for the help.
The code for serial number 815CM8572A9019236 is 5236

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back