Film Questionnaire

Currently reading:
Film Questionnaire

clarabow

Hello people, this is a totally non fiat realted post.

I'm a second year Film student currently studying film at Falmouth Uni.

And I've made this a Questionnaire, in the relationship between film and videogames. It is a google docs app, all you need to do is click on the link and fill it out it will take you like 3 mins to do.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=p6zVCQwXfD-Mm4PV9Gt0BHQ

Regards.

Hi clarabow,

I just filled in your questionnaire....

I feel that question 5 (Financially, do adapted screenplays do better than screenplays adapted from videogames?) fails to take into account the HUGE differences in costs between making a videogame and a film....

Although the games industry is seeing higher and higher budgets for games, it still comes nowhere near the money spent on most Hollywood films and therefore the marketing and advertising that is needed to try and recoup the costs.

The main reason that most games-adapted-into-films don't work is that film studios think that having a best-selling game license is enough so they generally don't put the effort in and end up with bad scripts and bad acting....

Good luck with your project!

Last edited:
Question 4....No both? My friends and I all love films and games. I can't really answer fairly.

Question 5.....Just thought I'd say 21 is ****e yet Bringing down the house is the best book ever.

Question 10...played not watched ;) Correct me if I am wrong

Question 12.....hmmmmm

tis an interesting subject this. i think i would have enjoyed making the comparison between the two.

i dont think it is big enough tho to go in depth but its on the rise. (hitman,doom etc)

generally i think when a game is produced into a film then it never lives up to the expectations of the original game(n)

this is probably because with the original game you were in control and it was more interactive whereas a film you just have to watch it and cant have your say.

good luck with the assignment(y)

Back