Technical Filling up a punto

Currently reading:
Technical Filling up a punto

You really are idiots it has nothing to do with fiats. It isnt a design flaw it is to do with the pumps, it is the pumps senors thinking that the tank is full due to the fuel hitting off of the inside of the car and bouncing back. If the car isnt level or the ground isnt level that often causes it but it isnt a problem with the car!

Ooooooooohhh handbag!
And your very sad to register on here to make one stupid little post!:D

I have considerably more mods, THAN YOU!​
voldar02.gif
Pssssst my cars for sale​

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by platinumracer
You really are idiots it has nothing to do with fiats. It isnt a design flaw it is to do with the pumps, it is the pumps senors thinking that the tank is full due to the fuel hitting off of the inside of the car and bouncing back. If the car isnt level or the ground isnt level that often causes it but it isnt a problem with the car!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Generally i dont know of any petrol stations that are not built reasonably level. I dont have this problem with my Punto, but i put the nozzle all the way in, and that doesnt cause it to cut out. Having spoken to people who used to own Punto's and have been driving for years with different cars, they said that the Punto was the only one that ever cut out.

I think I have a breakthrough here people. I have tried all the tricks and ended up with the "put it in nearly upside down" routine. Until today that is! They built a new BP station here and they new nozzles. These ones are long and thin, with a cast brass bit to lock over the c shaped thingy inside the filler that seems to be to rest the ridges on the other nozzles on. The new BP one goes in further. (Oooer mother..)I managed to fill up my Mk1 Punto at full blast with only one click, when the tank was full!! First time in 56,000 miles... :D

If I was going that fast, it can't be my car officer!!

Thats it sorted then.... We all have to drive around until we find a new BP station with a long thingy and a brass bit.
Thats OK if you live in Scotland , cos all the Texaco stations in Scotland are changing over to BP stations. But down yer in the South like, all the BP's are changing to Texaco's.... so we are buggered for filling up.[xx(]

If my spellings s**te its because of the cider.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS"><font color="purple"></font id="purple">LOL it seems we all have this problem and our own little way of dealing with it. I haven't tried the upside down thing, but as for those of you that get your petrol from tesco, this is my little trick that works for my punto 60sx:

Dive in to the petrol station so that the pump is on the WRONG side of your car and park further forward than normal, this means you have to stretch the hose past the back of the car and causes the nossle to be slightly angled and therefore lets the petrol in!

only have a problem with safeways pumps... everything else seems to go pretty smoothly.. and yeah it is more of a problem with fiats than other makes...

its that bad at safeways that if i ever get drawn in by the offer of cheap petrol i never get a full tank cause i get fed up looking like the village idiot who doesn't know how to put petrol in the car...

I always had problems with Safeway, both with my MK2 and my Clio, never have a problem anywhere else.

There a stupid supermarket and just don't service the pumps I reckon!

Bloody annoying trying to put over £30 of petrol in at 1/10th of the normal speed!! [:(!]

Punto Sporting 16v MK2 in Black,
GMax Airfilter, Wind Deflectors, Sporting Badges on Skirts.

not sure if thats the reason as i had a similar problem with jet and jet supply the equipment that safeway use... think it must be a fault with the combination of car and pump

Originally posted by punto lady
you have to wiggle it around a bit and the push it right in and it works every time well it does for me lol;)

Cheeky [:0]

Punto Sporting 16v MK2 in Black,
GMax Airfilter, Wind Deflectors, Sporting Badges on Skirts.

Back