Technical Filler cap

Currently reading:
Technical Filler cap

Hi guys
Found out after locking the car the filler cap doesn’t lock. Does anyone know if it should or can anyone try theirs please.

Yeah sorry the flap on the body panel. It has an internal plunger that seals the tube down to the tank. Never seen that type before but I’m sure it locked once car was locked but don’t feel 100% now lol

Ha ha that’ll be the next challenge. At the top of the tube where the pump nozzle goes in, it has a metal flap that flips down once you insert the pump. I’ve had an Audi avant, Ford focus,Astra gtc and others and all locked 🤷🏻‍♂️ bit of a flawed design i think on the tipo

Found out the disk inside the funnel locks so you can’t put anything in or take out 👍🏼 and am sure no one will Knick the flap as i have bronze/ metallic shitty brown 🤣🤣

Tipo 2017/ 18 and in mine there is a metal flap part that pushes in when the fuel nozzle goes in and comes back when the nozzle is taken out. Only way to get fuel out of mine is from the engine or lifting the car and taking out the fuel tank haha!

Back