Fiesta Help!

Currently reading:
Fiesta Help!

Howdy all :)

I'm in a spot of bother with a Fiesta... This forum is far more helpful than dedicated Ford forums! :D

I need advice on the clutch cylinder in the gearbox... I have a 1997 Fiesta 1.25. It has a hydraulic clutch (similar to Fiats) however this is a sealed unit from what I can see... I took another one apart and it leaked fluid everywhere! :(

What I need to know:

Is there a way to remove the pipe without losing fluid? As my gearbox is thrashed, I have one lined up to go into it but don't want to risk losing fluid.

Thank you for any help or advice! (y)

Ok I have some material I had to learn myself but others may find useful if looking info on these Fiestas (y)

The mk4 was available with 2 different ib5 gearboxes: One with a conventional reverse switch and one with a "multi functional switch"

Multi function switch (brown part with metal surround at bottom of box)
p0000793.jpg

And conventional reverse switch on later models
IMG_0478.jpg

(I will get my own images later :))

I had the first one in my car. The box needed replacing due to a worn output shaft, common ib5 problem. I got another box, the later one. The multi functional switch won't fit as there is no hole for it in the new box. The box is a straight swap and works perfect. You will have no reverse unless you get the plug and wire it up yourself to the switch :)

Gearboxes are sealed however they take 75w 90 synth, hold 2.8 litres and can be filled through the breather beside the gearbox mount

Back