General Fiats & Clicky Doors?

Currently reading:
General Fiats & Clicky Doors?

SamG_Brava

Hi

My 2002 Marea has a "clicky" passenger front door.... what strikes me as funny as that when i was trying to fix it (by spraying WD40 in it, haha) at the Team Valley car park... a Fiat Punto pulled up beside me, and theyre door done EXACTLY the same thing! HAHA!

Anyhow... my marea is booked in for its taxi test soon.... and they could probably be funny about this clicking door...

I uploaded a video to youtube to show what i mean....... Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dooXaWDfgIU

Yep - I've had this with Tipos. It's where the checkstrap (spring-loaded steel tongue) attaches to the body pillar. The pin wears and develops slackness, so when the spring-loading releases, it goes CLACK.

The solution is to put in a 6mm bolt, I believe. At least, that worked for me and the Tipo.

Cheers,
-Alex

very common, very annoying, and so easy to fix.

greasing the check straps should be part of your annual service, as should tightening the 2 bolts on each one.

if you do still have the pin holding the strap to the doorway, replace it with a bolt as suggested by alex, or if you dont have a bolt handy screw a screw into the pin to make it solid. i've used both methods on my bravos. even my alfa156 had the same problem when i bought it.

Back