Technical Fiat uno mk1 1100cc gearbox

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat uno mk1 1100cc gearbox

I'm trying to find a mk1 1100cc 5 speed gearbox. however i've never personally seen such gearbox, only the fire ones. Are they quite similar? or maybe they have something on the outside you could tell them apart from? thanks

For some reason I am thinking you want to match it up with the 1100 Lampredi engine.

I used to own an 86 (or was it 88 1100 with 5 speed), it was a top loader box, however, some bottom loader boxes will fit. I have just fitted one to my 84 70s (1300).

I have the original box out of my 1300 which I am sure would fit (if you lived here) however it has a chip off a cluster gear. Not sure how it happened, but it happened while I was driving. Car has 270,000km on the odo, so gearbox has gone a fair way.

Any way, this is all to say they can be obtained.

the later bottom loader (for the gearshift) are a little different.
Bigger inner driveshaft tripod bearings, that can be fitted to the smaller driveshafts.
And different gearshift set up which you need to swap over.
I have just done it to mine with the above gearbox change.
The clutch is also different, larger splines, on a larger input shaft.

Last edited:
Actually i have the 1.6 16v engine off a bravo (1996) and the uno 1100cc gearbox should fit onto the engine without a flange. My only problem is I don'tt know if there are any exterior differences to the fire engine so i can tell them apart when i go buy one. Cause i found people with the fire 999cc gearbox trying to sell them as the 1100cc ones and those will not fit

Back