Technical Fiat Uno 1.0 Ie Idle and Power output problems

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Uno 1.0 Ie Idle and Power output problems

PrivateSarcasm

Hi everyone!

I've bougth a "new" Fiat uno 1.0. Ie from 1997. Polish version, as I've managed to crash my last one :((

Oddly enough I faced almost the same symptomes with idleing as it was on the last one, which was the same make and year. With one extra thing.

1.) The problem occurs intermitently..sometimes it idles perfectly with no problems...but sometimes it drops the revs pretty low..it even stalled a few times, and if I want to drive from that state, I need to press the gas pedal more before releaseing the clutch, otherwise there is a possibility that it will stall because of lack of power. The issue doesen't corellate with hot/cold engine.

2.) Second problem occurs also intermitently...the car starts to hesitate as I press the gas pedal more...and also If I press it all the way it starts to rev up and then it stops and goes down...it produces a sound as it is chokeing...not haveing the good Air/gas mixture. Also It looks like it starts to occur as I press the pedal past 1/3 of its range..and the car can be driven if I press the gas pedal lightly and within the 1/3 of its range. This problem is not allways here and it tends to come and go..sometimes it persists and sometimes it doesent happen at all...

I've replaced: Spark plugs, Distributer cap + rotor, ignition coil, air filter.

*note that after replacement of ignition coil it was better for a few days and then power problems started again (the ideling problems where still present from time to time).

*I've replaced those things from my last Uno as I knew that It didn't have the power output problems..Also I have a new fuel pump from it and I've bougth a new fuel filter which I need to replace..

So what could be other possibilities to cure my sick Uno? :( I've also considered to replace the throttle position sensor..but I don't know what else could be the problem :bang::bang:

I've put a new fuel pump...it seems that the second problem is gone...but I need to test it more because the problem was intermitent.

Now we'll see how it behaves :)

Hi,do you have a rubber vacuum hose going to near the distributor cap? If so remove hose from unit on distributor,suck on metal pipe you removed hose from,it should now move plate visible with distributor cap off. If you can suck air,and plate dose not move,replace vacuum unit.If it moves run engine and put your finger over vacuum pipe,you should feel vacuum,if no vacuum,check pipe for faults.

Hi mate
I also guess it is a issue with vacuum advance unit. replace it. Mean time check the condition of the throttle position sensor.

Ok, I'll check for the issues, and report :)

Just a question, how can I check the condition of the throttle position sensor?

Thank you for helping me! :)

Back