General Fiat Stilo I-pod connection problem

Currently reading:
General Fiat Stilo I-pod connection problem

Remo

HEY ! :D

I'm a proud owner of a Fiat Stilo 1.9 MJET, but i have a problem ... .
When i bought the car the Fiat dealer gave me a free i-pod connection, when I connect my i-pod it reconizes it and 'FIAT' pops up on my i-pods display and a message 'don't browse while driving'. But i can't get it to play on my speakers I don't know how to switch to my MP3 channel. I have a basic Fiat Stilo Radio with CD.

Thanks in advance, hope u guys van help me ;) (y)

Remo, Why don't you ask the dealer who sold you the car?? They will probably have specific knowledge about it, and be able to do something about it if it is not working. I assume you have some sort of warranty with your purchase left?

Or use a 3lb hammer and knock the thing into tiny pieces. Best thing for it ;)

We recently purchased an Alfa 147 with an iPod cable. It sounds very similar to your one. When you plug it in it comes up with Alfa and then don't browse while driving. We have also had trouble getting it to play.

You should be able push the source button and step through Tuner/CD/Changer. The iPod should play as the Changer allowing you to access the first 9 playlists as if they were 9 CDs.

We had the problem that sometimes the source button would only show Tuner/CD. When this happens the trick is to turn the stereo off. Wait a few seconds and then turn it back on. When it starts immediately push the source button. This will then find the Changer (iPod).

I posted this issue on an Alfa forum and received the advise above. The feeling was that the iPod and the car stereo start up at different rates and so miss the initial communication of what is connected.

Hope this helps

Back