General Fiat Stilo exhause back box

Currently reading:
General Fiat Stilo exhause back box

ianric

Hi Everyone.

I need a new exhaust back box and heat shield for my2005 Fiat Stilo 2.4 Abarth. The heat shield rotted and fell off and the back box isblowing.

National Tyres and Kwik Fit said I need to go to aFiat dealer. The dealer has said they don’t make them anymore and can’t gethold of any and I need a custom one made.

I'm not mechanically minded so it would be really hard for me to do so can anyone point me in the right direction as to what my options are

Regards
Ian

You should try ebay . CHeck ebay.com as well as .co.uk and maybe ebay.it too. They are a good source. A breakers or something like Breaker yard .com.

These things are a pain as they get brittle but they can be mended with some thin sheet metal and a rivet gun. SO even a ropy one woudl get you out of trouble. I bought some .5mm stainless sheet from B&Q last week that might do the job if reinforcement were required it was not expensive. You might even make a new heatshield with a couple of sheets.

Check the Tipo or Bravo parts don't fit as well.

Good luck.

yup e-bay only place to get a exhaust back box for your 2.4 abarth,as they are totally different shape from other stilo exhausts,there not even that expensive,bought one myself there last year,on heat shield your buggered,cant be bought new anywhere,and doubt many good ones for an abarth in scrapyards,make one yourself out off thin aluminum ,use old heatshield as a guide.

For the back-box, if you're going to keep the car a while I'd look at a stainless steel custom-made system. They're not too shocking expensive, you can choose different style noise/exhaust tips etc. and they'll last forever pretty much.

I had one made for my Alfa 145 from https://www.mijexhaust.com and never had any trouble with it. There are other places that can do the same sort of thing (e.g. https://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/) if Walsall is too exotic a location for you.

For the heat shield; there's two. One covers the exhaust pipe where it passes over the axle (part no. 46811129) and the other sits between the silencer and the spare wheel well (part no. 46823558).

The first heat shield is the same on *any* Stilo model, so a search of the breakers should be able to turn up a good one. The second shield is only fitted to petrol engined cars (diesel presumably runs a cooler silencer) but again, any 1.4, 1.6 or 1.8 Stilo will have the same part.

Ralf S.

Back