Technical Fiat Seicento doesnt start

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Seicento doesnt start

stamatiadis

Hey there,

lately my seicento has been rejecting the key and the code light remained on. After a couple of tries with the key on and off the ignition the light went off and i could start the car normally. Last night when i tried to turn it on again this didnt work. When i turn the key to MAR the dash lights appear really faded and on the little lcd screen it says FPS ON. Also i can hear one of the relays on the engine bay clicking a lot. Then when i try to turn on the ignition to start the car all the lights turn off and does nothing like its dead. The battery is charged and in a good condition. Also i checked the FPS button under the dash and it is pushed in. Any suggestions what to look for?

Hi

The main Black Earth cable runs from Battery to Chassis to Engine

This can fail internally..

Water gets in and the copper wires crumble..

So little poweranages to circulate through the car

You can use a jumper cable to boost this earth route ;)

If it makes things better.. you know you have a bad cable :)

I have already checked that but forgot to mention. I connected the negative terminal of the battery with the gearbox but still no luck... Any other suggestions?

I have already checked that but forgot to mention. I connected the negative terminal of the battery with the gearbox but still no luck... Any other suggestions?
Try jump lead from gearbox to a good clean point of vehicle body

Back