Technical Fiat seicento 1100 s service

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat seicento 1100 s service

Valvoline75w90 gear oil is recommended by valvoline on their website.
It may not be the same as in the manual but if you want to use valvoline use 75w90 in gearbox

The OP is from Greece and we don't know how old or how computer savvy or if bilingual.
My opinion is it's good to have people on the forum from all over the world.
No matter of age, gender etc.
Hey it's just my opinion.

WRONG....needs replaced at regular intervals.

D

Hmm,
Nothing in the service schedule about gearbox oil change. Just a level check every 80,000km. Typically gearbox oil will be changed because of something else like pulling drive shafts or a gearbox issue rather than at a specific mileage or age.
Capacity is 2.4l

Robert G8RPI.

Hmm,
Nothing in the service schedule about gearbox oil change. Just a level check every 80,000km. Typically gearbox oil will be changed because of something else like pulling drive shafts or a gearbox issue rather than at a specific mileage or age.
Capacity is 2.4l

Robert G8RPI.

Thats what Fiat specify, they also design the car to last 10 years. That old nutshell 'common sense' says that it can do no harm to change it and Fiat helpfully provided a drain plug and a fill plug, so they must expect it to be done.

Its amazing the difference some nice fresh oil can make to the quality of the drive.

D

Thats what Fiat specify, they also design the car to last 10 years. That old nutshell 'common sense' says that it can do no harm to change it and Fiat helpfully provided a drain plug and a fill plug, so they must expect it to be done.

Its amazing the difference some nice fresh oil can make to the quality of the drive.

D
I don't disagree with that, it's just the oil is likely have been changed co-incidentally if the gerbox or driveshafts have been out for other reasons.
One time when an gearbox oil change is a good idea is if you have done any deep fording. The water cools the air in the gearbox causing low pressure and thus water is sucked in through the vent.

Robert G8RPI.

Thank you all very much for helping me out. Do we have any idea for installing a temperature instrument?

I'm glad rallycinq called it the "too late light"

I believe it was invented by Renault and initially the symbol on the light was a large French Franc but it was changed to mean all currencies.

Joking aside another possibility is buy a temperature gauge kit from eBay or the like , the kit should include instructions for fitting.

Just read the how to guide , it is very nicely done.

I can not find where the gasoline model 2002 is located, someone told me it is in the tank with the pump???

cannot understand your last question.
Please post again.

Back