Technical Fiat Sedici - Drivers side foot well v.wet! Please help!

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Sedici - Drivers side foot well v.wet! Please help!

Monster1991

As mentioned the drivers side foot well is really wet, we have taken it to the garage to get them to look at it and so far they are as stumped as we are.

So far they have ruled out, air conditioning system, washer fluid dispensers and the windscreen. The water itself is clean and doesn't smell of anything so we expect that it is rain water getting in somewhere.

Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated. (y)

Had that happen to me once, several years ago. After removing all the carpet and surrounding trim I found a bottle of water in the drivers door with a damaged seal.

Try and dry it out with a fan heater, pick on a day when it is has stopped raining, and then drive the car through as much surface water as you can.
Depending on whether the floor is wet or dry will at least tell you if the water is being sucked up from the road, or is in fact rain water. I personally suspect it is rain water and that it is entering through the windscreen rubber, and falling directly on to the footwell without leaving a trace. Good luck.

Monster - as per John - if the waters clean it can only be either a screen seal (though you would notice misting/condensation on screen) or possibly door seal. Check all along the rubber for any indication of perishing. Worth getting someone to hose around the door with you inside to check for leaks....

Thanks for the advice.

I think it happens when the car is static so I think the windscreen is the most possible reason, I will give the car a hose down and see what occurs :)

Is there a sunroof on the car I had same problem on a Renault and it was the drain pipes for the sunroof were blocked they come out either side behind the front wheel arch liningonce I cleared them footwell stayed dry

Back