Fiat Ritmo 130 TC

Currently reading:
Fiat Ritmo 130 TC

CHRIS391

Hi, I have recently imported a beautiful original Ritmo 130 TC, I have sent all the relevant documents to the D.V.L.A but they are asking for proof of date of registration from a Fiat owners club or forum!!!. Can anyone help me???
Cheers Chris.

Yes the Fiat Motor Club GB should be able to help here.

I've never used the service (chargeable for non members).

I'm not sure what the DVLA are looking for as "proof of date of registration" is a little vague. Is that original country of origin registration or are they looking for manufacturer production / homologation information?

I guess the answer to my above "I'm not sure ......" can be answered by others who have gone through the importation and registration process in recent years.

The last car I did this on was my Fiat 600D back in 1974 and no doubt things have changed since then.

Most of the major marque clubs offer that but there will usually be a fee, and it will very likely involve an inspection of some description - not so much an MOT type inspection but more an inspection of documents and other evidence that proves the vehicle is what it purports itself to be.

I suppose this is to stop people importing high-value cars thinly disguised as farming equipment etc.

Also, in the classic car world there are unscrupulous crooks that try to pass off replica cars as "barn-find" originals. (I think there are now more type 35 Bugattis than were originally built!)

It does happen - a friend of mine recently bought a Riley Brooklands only to find out that its a fake.

I think you will have to approach the FIAT Club GB as has already been mentioned, I might be wrong but I don't think anyone from a forum would have the right 'clout' with DVLA on this matter

Last edited:
I would add that I *used* to be the Strada/Ritmo 130TC Technical Registrar in both the Fiat Motor Club GB and the old Fiat Twin Cam Register / Sporting Fiats Club.

In this respect I am probably one of the few remaining official (non FIAT UK) experts in the UK wild and certainly to my knowledge the only one actively helping 130TC owners via this forum.

I can tell you all the places I would be looking to confirm that a 130TC is mechanically genuine as opposed to a pass off replica including down to part number verification.

Again for truly RAC Club Registered certified confirmation (signed and official headed paper) then you will have to approach the Fiat Motor Club GB.

Back