Technical fiat punto sporting 1996 starting problems.

Currently reading:
Technical fiat punto sporting 1996 starting problems.

mark1963

hi everyone.wondered if anyone could provide a solution to this current problem with my sons car.??
when driving to football yesterday my sons parked the car and went off to football training.when he got back the car would not 'fire up' to start the car.there was power to the ignition and you could t hear the car trying to fire but to no avail!! we had to call green flag who suggested that a 'sensor' may be at fault but did not know or indicate which one!!(great use they were!!!!) he towed my sons car back and offloaded it form truck.my son turned the key and it started!.the breakdown guy suggested that the telephone mast at the sports centre may have interfered with the key/sensor?? but warned again about the sensors and having a diagnostic check done.
anyway my son left the car overnight and lo and behold it started ok.however when returning from his short trip he turned it off and tried restarting.same symptoms occured as the previous night.
anyone have any ideas before i arrange the local diagnostic chap to come?up till now the car has been fine and its service records fully up to date for a 92000 mile car with 2 owners.

thanks for that.can you tell me where this would be located as there are many sensors in the engine bay?

Back