Fiat Punto grande key fob issue

Currently reading:
Fiat Punto grande key fob issue

JulieL

Hello 🙋🏻‍♀️ newbie here. I noticed my key fob wasn't unlocking the door a day or two ago but the ignition worked fine with the key . Today there was no power at all so I bought two replacement batteries. Nothing working! No signal from key fob to the engine. Anyone have advice please? RAC on their way!

Hello 🙋🏻‍♀️ newbie here. I noticed my key fob wasn't unlocking the door a day or two ago but the ignition worked fine with the key . Today there was no power at all so I bought two replacement batteries. Nothing working! No signal from key fob to the engine. Anyone have advice please? RAC on their way!
If you disturbed the "immobiliser chip" and it fell out the car will not start, usually there will be a sign/light on the dashboard to that effect.
If you have a spare key try that, failing that look around where you fitted the batteries for a black chip about 10mm long.
A good locksmith can reprogram a new set of keys. Don't give him your address in case he makes a spare set for himself ;).

Hi all, thanks for your replies. I had RAC guy out last night, he replaced the engine battery and now the key fob is fine.

Back