Technical Fiat Punto Evo front suspension strut nuts

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Punto Evo front suspension strut nuts

reachbesal

Hi All,

Hope someone could help me. I was trying to change the front suspension today, I ordered Anschler Shock Absorber from euro car parts and noticed the strut only come with only one but I was expecting two nuts, i.e, one for strut mount and one for holding at the top just like what I currently have. I tried swapping the nuts from old suspension but it's not going in , looks like the thread on the old one is different. So question is what kind of nut do I need to order and from where. Please note I googled but couldn't find anything on Google regarding anschler strut nut.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Regards

What did ECP say..??
Do they not stock other parts..

Ok .. well you need to know what thread is on the top of these new struts

Diameter -thickness of the rod

Pitch - distance between the thread 'peaks'
tip: measure the distance it takes to get 10 peaks
Should be 10, 12.5 or 15mm
(1.0 , 1.25 , 1.5 mm pitch)

Charlie

Last edited:
When I phoned the ECP customer service in my local area they have not got a clue what nut will fit (suspect the guy is new) , then I checked on their website but could not find the part.

As you suggested I have ordered screw pitch gauge on Amazon from silverline, it will come by 14 of June. Once I get the thread size, from where should I get the correct strut nuts?

Kind regards

When I phoned the ECP customer service in my local area they have not got a clue what nut will fit (suspect the guy is new) , then I checked on their website but could not find the part.

As you suggested I have ordered screw pitch gauge on Amazon from silverline, it will come by 14 of June. Once I get the thread size, from where should I get the correct strut nuts?

Kind regards

You dont really need a pitch gauge for that

Its probably relatively simple to figure out ;)

What size Hex on the nuts ? 19..17 ??

19: 12mm thread
17: 10mm thread
1.75 pitch is standard..

But could well be x 1.5 or 1.25 on your dampers
12mm thread x

Hi All,

Hope someone could help me. I was trying to change the front suspension today, I ordered Anschler Shock Absorber from euro car parts and noticed the strut only come with only one but I was expecting two nuts, i.e, one for strut mount and one for holding at the top just like what I currently have. I tried swapping the nuts from old suspension but it's not going in , looks like the thread on the old one is different. So question is what kind of nut do I need to order and from where. Please note I googled but couldn't find anything on Google regarding anschler strut nut.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Regards
I have found myself with the same issue!
2008 (10/2007 build) Fiat 500, the new struts I have received have a larger diameter shaft thread.
The strut mount nut doesn’t fit, nor does the strut mount bearing (although I suspect I can drill the plastic out to fit).
The top nut that comes with the new strut takes a 22mm socket (& if I am working it out correctly, is a 1.5 thread pitc).
I found information online that says the thread is M14*1.5

Did you manage to find a replacement part to suit?

Last edited:
Back