Fiat Punto(06 plate) power steering warning light.

Currently reading:
Fiat Punto(06 plate) power steering warning light.

Sharrison1992

Hi,

Hope someone can spread some light one this:

Had my Fiat punto 1.2 Active for around 6months. Had no problems apart from the power steering light keeps coming on, had no issues with power steering. It has worked all the time the lights been on so its not like other posts were the light comes on and the steering gets heavy. With it been a pretty new car i hope it wont be the whole motor that needs replacing..

Basicly it came on so i removed the pannel that covers the fuse box and saw a silver tube which i am guessing is part of the motor. Gave that a wiggle and a tap.... went off for a around two months.... thought brilliant, just a faulty sensor or somthing.

But last night it came back on, once again gave it another tape it went off for a few mins but came straight back on. But once again the power steering is working fine! Dont really want to take it to fiat as i have heard they just say you need a whole new motor, which is meant to cost alot:cry:....

I can take it to a local garage i use but i just wanted to know if anyone has had the same problem or had any idea whats causing it???

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Sam.

Back