Fiat Panda Power Steering and electronic replacement

Currently reading:
Fiat Panda Power Steering and electronic replacement

MR PANDY said:
Will it effect the m.p.g. :unsure:

No it shouldnt do this but when it fails its not good for your health if you want to turn one way and you find all of a sudden you are struggling to turn the steering wheel :suicide2:imagine what might happen if this happened at speed..there you are driving along up comes the power seering fail symbol on the dash you want to turn say left and the car steering had gone very heavy..catch you out at the wrong time and its not good for ones health really..:crazy_pilot:

Mrcento said:
why would an anyone want the city steering on all the time? it's too light as it is with it off

Oh aye, I agree Mark, even when I was learing to drive in a Punto with the Girly City Switch, I always made sure it was off, as there was just no feel to the steering with it on, but once you go above 30MPH the city stops, so you just have your'e normall power steering.

Ming, is it PAS (Power Assisted Steering) or HAS (Hydraulicly Assited Steering) in the Delsol??, and we know you like heavy steering as I found out Saturday evening moving the Cinq for you.
Heavy steering and a clutch that bites when you don't expect it to......

Back