Technical fiat Panda(current model)

Currently reading:
Technical fiat Panda(current model)

billboyle77

Does anyone else find the dashboard illumination to be pretty poor
at best and in certain conditions useless!

Does anyone else find the dashboard illumination to be pretty poor
at best and in certain conditions useless!
Have you tired adjusting it's brightness? You can set it for both the daytime and the nighttime levels:

For nightime setting:
With ignition on and headlights on too, press the 'set' button on the dash (left of hazards). Now press 'up' or 'down' to step through the menu (shown in the centre of the instrument panel) until the word 'Dimmer' appears. Press 'set' to select this option, then use the 'up'/'down' buttons to make it dimmer or brighter. Press 'set' again to 'fix' this. Now press up/down until 'exit menu' appears, and press 'set' to exit.

And to set the 'daytime' brightness, same process as above but turn the headlights off.

Thanks to Herts Hillhopper,
I was aware of the "dimmer" function but this only presents itself
on mainbeam and only lets you reduce brightness on the centre part
of the instrument panel.
I was trying to increase brightness of speedometer display which in
bright sunlight can be difficult to read.
Any ideas welcome..........Bill

I was trying to increase brightness of speedometer display which in bright sunlight can be difficult to read.

The instrument lights dim when the lights are on, so does this infer that you drive with dipped headlights on all the time?

No only when conditions are poor since with the current drl legislation
the only way you can have rear lights is when you are on dipped beam.

I have an early 2017 TA Cross - I agree the illumination is not very good. In fact I find the speedo is hard to see at the best of times. And yes I have turned the brightness up! I have actually bought a cheap heads up display which is excellent so I don't need to try to see the speedo!

I bought this one (there's a YouTube video on how to set it up too)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Q7-HUD-5-5-GPS-Car-Head-Up-Display-Windscreen-Projector-Speed-Fuel-Warning-New/322064824258?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I find the instruments and central LED display fine.

But the Air Con on light is pathetic ... especially when views on an angle as you do when driving.

Thanks to Herts Hillhopper,
I was aware of the "dimmer" function but this only presents itself
on mainbeam and only lets you reduce brightness on the centre part
of the instrument panel.
I was trying to increase brightness of speedometer display which in
bright sunlight can be difficult to read.
The dimmer should alter all the dashboard and instrument light settings, not just the centre part (by which I assume you mean the digital display).

Hi.
Although the dash lights are not great in bright sunlight which is a rare occurrence I find them fine otherwise. In fact I have mine set much lower when the headlights are on, too much internal lighting I find is a distraction.

I am finding poor Speedo and rev Counter lighting on my Panda too, not so clever with the Plod just waiting to nick you for any infraction.....

Back