Technical Fiat Panda 2004 1.2 Dynamic Timing Belt Replacement Interval

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Panda 2004 1.2 Dynamic Timing Belt Replacement Interval

denhams

Hello,

I have Fiat Panda 2005 1.2 Dynamic that is 49 months old with 82000 kilometers. The car is used daily for a 40Km round trip commute (not much stop/start) and about 4 times a year for longer (1200km) round trips.

My dealer says the timing belt needs replacing and it will cost 500€ (I am in Madrid), I think that includes auxiliary belt, etc.

I have searched the forums and found various recommendations for the replacement period but the all seem different or not for my engine.

Any ideas of the "official" cost/replacement period?

If the belt fails will it damage the engine?

Many thanks,

Stephen.

Here's the gen from the handbook, basically 120,000 km or 5 years :D

Attachments

• timing.jpg
    timing.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 1,779
Here's the gen from the handbook, basically 120,000 km or 5 years :D

Handbooks got it wrong its been revised to 38K miles and three years now..:D

Hit the search button loads of info on here about it..but not necessarily in the Panda section..:D

Hit the search button loads of info on here about it..but not necessarily in the Panda section..:D

I asked late May at my local dealer, I got told it's still 75,000 miles and 5 years for my Panda (I had passed the 3 year mark, and the 38k is on the way)

I will ask again when Squirrile goes in for a Bronze Care service late November.

Trev

Hello,

I have Fiat Panda 2005 1.2 Dynamic that is 49 months old with 82000 kilometers. The car is used daily for a 40Km round trip commute (not much stop/start) and about 4 times a year for longer (1200km) round trips.

My dealer says the timing belt needs replacing and it will cost 500€ (I am in Madrid), I think that includes auxiliary belt, etc.

I have searched the forums and found various recommendations for the replacement period but the all seem different or not for my engine.

Any ideas of the "official" cost/replacement period?

If the belt fails will it damage the engine?

Many thanks,

Stephen.

500 Euros seems a little steep - mine cost £180 on the same car!?

There was a company that came on here the other day doing the 1.2 8v panda for 60 bucks..:eek: be damned tho if i find the post :bang:..ask Stu cos I know he wanted a quote of the guy for his 100hp so stu should be able to give you guys the link..the guy lives and runs his place in the midlands from what I remember from the post..servicing and repair costs were very low from what I remember..:)

I think on the 1.2 in my 500 it's 72k miles. A bit rubbish that Fiat isn't very consistent.

There was a company that came on here the other day doing the 1.2 8v panda for 60 bucks..:eek: be damned tho if i find the post :bang:..ask Stu cos I know he wanted a quote of the guy for his 100hp so stu should be able to give you guys the link..the guy lives and runs his place in the midlands from what I remember from the post..servicing and repair costs were very low from what I remember..:)

one of our traders, aforalfa, based in aylesbury(y)

and yeah 500 euros is a bit much for a cambelt

Last edited:
My car`s(2004 1.2 dualogic/when 114.000km) timing belt is changed by service last april. The cost is approximately 330$.(I live in İstanbul/Turkey) (this cost also include oil,oil filter, air filter and polen filter change)

Dealer says timing Belt Replacement Interval is 120.000km or 5 year...

Last edited:
I changed mine when it touched 55,000KM and 4 years old. When the mechanic and myself looked at it, th rubbers still looked like brand new and the tensioners? He told me to keep the new ones! :)

Cost? About RM500 ~ 90Pounds then?

Back