Technical Fiat Idea sensors - dash warning lights

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Idea sensors - dash warning lights

GRBASF

Hi everyone,

I'm currently getting an ongoing air bag warning lights and also parking sensor warning on the dashboard. Does anybody have any problems with these or where I can locate the replacement parts, dealer charging excessive, was thinking if anybody has replaced these themselves or any advice would be helpful? The car is 2005 Eleganza auto. The airbags surely should not have failed at this point?

GRBASF

Hi everyone,

I'm currently getting an ongoing air bag warning lights and also parking sensor warning on the dashboard. Does anybody have any problems with these or where I can locate the replacement parts, dealer charging excessive, was thinking if anybody has replaced these themselves or any advice would be helpful? The car is 2005 Eleganza auto. The airbags surely should not have failed at this point?

GRBASF

ours appears the same.., Airbag error.. (NOT park sensors)
BUT it's a poor connection.., as it goes on + off over bumps

also a 55 reg Duologic eleganza 1.4 16V

MES says it's a connection fault ( resistance).

I have a 54 plate 1.4 petrol and have the same problem, so far spent £120 trying to get it fixed. Its been to 2 separate garages and stays off for a couple of day then just comes back on again. It is loose connection somewhere, just have to find out which. Having all the connectors hard wired instead, hopefully that should fix it.

Same problem with mine, I did clean the connectors (with a cleaning spray)under the front seats and it was fine for a little while but then came back. I want to solder the wires but have noticed that in one side of the plug two terminals appear to be connected with a sort of plate so I backed off. can anyone advise how to go about soldering the wiring ? Thanks in advance.

Back