Technical Fiat grande punto 1.4 sporting t jet display looks weird!

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat grande punto 1.4 sporting t jet display looks weird!

irondan11

Hi there, my fiat grande punto sporting t jet display has started acting weird. It keeps displaying question marks in between words.

E.g Radio 1 is displayed as Radio?1?.

I know it's nothing serious (I hope) but it's bugging me ! lol

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Hmm very odd. Is it on everything displayed on the display or is it just radio stations?

Also just to be sure. Are you talking about the radio/head unit or the LCD display in the instrument panel?

It's on the LCD panel where it shows the amount of miles on the clock and the time etc. It also occurs between every word- it doesn't have to be a radio station.

God knows. I go on holiday for 2 weeks, I come back and it's like that lol

I have a problem with my 2007 Tjet LCD display too. Mine fades out when driving. It's displays fine when initially started but the blanks out. Sometimes it comes back on whilst driving but Fiat can't find any fault codes or a fault, anyone got any ideas what the fault could be?

I have a problem with my 2007 Tjet LCD display too. Mine fades out when driving. It's displays fine when initially started but the blanks out. Sometimes it comes back on whilst driving but Fiat can't find any fault codes or a fault, anyone got any ideas what the fault could be?

Sounds like a bad connection or possibly screen has or is about to give up?

Same with mine, been doing it from new. Fiat have no idea what the fault is, so much for being skilled mechanics"

Anything I can do to cure it as it happens in wet weather too!

I actually think it is the weather too.

Mine fades off sometimes. It also displays what looks like some kind of alien language on certain days too ! Yet other days it could be fine. Glad it isn't anything serious though by the sounds of it.

Regarding the alien looking language. That's more likely connections I think. Who remembers the days of old game cartridges, when they weren't in properly the text would appear all random. I think this may be related ;)

Hi all,

My car has just passed its MOT which shows that the odemeter isn't anything too serious... However, the screen is now completely blank and doesn't come back on at all !

I have had the warning light come on which could mean anything- e.g. a bulb or something more serious. The problem is that I cannot see my screen which is where you would normally be notified of the problem!

It really needs fixing and my local mechanic said it could cost up to £300.

Surely someone else has experienced this with their car also?

Any advice? Cheers :mad:

Back