General Fiat freemont

Currently reading:
General Fiat freemont

Peterswallow

Hi guys it seam I am the only Scottish person with a freemont ?
Don't know if that's good or bad but I am happy so far
The only problem so far is the heating system
I get hot out of drivers side and cold out passenger side
I looked under dash and the motor is workin fine and the leaver is moving ok
Help please it gets very cold here in Scotland

Hi,
You might be the only UK person with one
biggrin.gif

What trim/engine/transmission?
I assume it's a left hand drive? I had a Dodge Journey (same but VW engine) and really liked it apart from the problems with the used car dealer that ended up in small claims court. I won, but it sort of ruined that car.
Is it single or dual zone heater control?

Robert G8RPI.

Last edited:
It's just a rebadged Dodge Journey isn't it? Given that 'Muricans can't drive 'stick' I'd expect the auto to be as reliable as any other Dodge auto.

No a Freemont is not a rebadged Journey. The body is the same but the engines and transmissions differ depending on the market. In the US the Journey is mostly V6 petrol with various gearboxes. In the UK most Journeys had a VAG 2.0 TDI (there are 154 petrol Jounery still registered in the UK) and a Getrag DCT auto 'box. These had a dual mass flywheel problem that had a extended warranty, now expired. If you buy one that has not had the revised part expect to spend £2000. Been there see:
https://www.fiatforum.com/garages/418041-car-dealer-avoid-canfield-garage-essex.html

In Europe most Freemonts seem to have 2.0 Multijet and a Fiat manual or Ultradrive auto 'box. Obviously depends on spec and year YMMV. In Australia the seem to be motly petrol and 6 speed auto 'box.
I really liked the space, seating options and driving position of the Journey but the garages response ot gerbox issues ruined it. Having lots of flat floor load space OR 7 seats without having to store row of seats somewhere is great. I'd certainly consider a Freemont if they ever sell the RHD version in the UK. Importing one from down under is not really practical or cost effective.

Robert G8RPI.

Hi guys I have a fiat freemont LHD I had the vehicle imported from Italy and modified for UK roads, until recently I have not had any issues but a couple of days ago I had a flat battery (due to lockdown not driven it for a week or so) I managed to jump start the vehicle and its running fine, but since the jump start I have a yellow warning light on the dashboard, does anyone know if its related to the initial jump start, cheers everyone

Hi guys I have a fiat freemont LHD I had the vehicle imported from Italy and modified for UK roads, until recently I have not had any issues but a couple of days ago I had a flat battery (due to lockdown not driven it for a week or so) I managed to jump start the vehicle and its running fine, but since the jump start I have a yellow warning light on the dashboard, does anyone know if its related to the initial jump start, cheers everyone

Hi :)
Ideally you want to get the fault codes read..

But disconnecting the battery for a few hours MIGHT reset things

Hi guys it seam I am the only Scottish person with a freemont ?
Don't know if that's good or bad but I am happy so far
The only problem so far is the heating system
I get hot out of drivers side and cold out passenger side
I looked under dash and the motor is workin fine and the leaver is moving ok
Help please it gets very cold here in Scotland
Hi Peter, I have just bought a 2011 Fiat Freemont 2.0 multijet 136bhp, it's LHD. It's not been looked after very well! I'm in Cornwall.

Hi Charlie, it has a 6 speed manual. This Freemont hasn't been looked after very well. Only issues to sort out are parking sensors, replace the 4.3 stereo as I need a reversing camera. I have ordered my third android stereo with heating ventilation controls and car settings! Also issue with battery drain. I have a new battery fitted.

FIAT group diagnostic software could save you some grief..

MultiECUScan or AlfaOBD are the standard options

Changing kit can upset the Canbus... you might need the software to help the vehicle adapt

Forum has an MES member register..

But others..like me.. just have the kit and a layer of dust on it ;)
I have issues with the parking sensors, 2 have been diagnosed as faulty, so all were replaced, they are okay according to the garage clearing fault codes, they said there is an issue with something else. Does anyone know where the Park Assist Module is located? I'll try and get another one. In regards to battery drain, I have pull the fuse for the Bluetooth module. It's registered now so I'll take the Freemont on a long run. I did think about putting 20 Jeep Grand Cherokee alloys but decided against as I will get the Freemont re registered in Portugal. Cheers

Back