Fiat Finance

Currently reading:
Fiat Finance

Carney

In the process of handing my Stilo dynamic back as per the section In the HP agreement "Termination - Your rights".The car has been a real pain In the arse ,having been returned to the dealership over 20 times In 30 months so having paid the amount laid out to allow me to terminate the agreement,I rang Fiat finance.After trying to persuade me to take other option's they agreed that I could return the car with no further payments but then spoilt things by Informing me that I would gain a "black mark" on my credit record for ending the agreement In this way(Even though I have never failed to make a payment on time and It Is a consumer right)This apparently Is company policy.Anyone suffered a similar fate ?

If this happens, request a copy of your credit record and put your side of the story on it next to their statement. Also when you get a look at it it may not be as bad as they make it sound and you may not need to do anything. Always worth doing anyway as they get messy quickly and need a tidy up rom time to time :)

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

Proud owner of a silver Baby Brava with shiny silver accessories
</font id="violet">On the way: Air induction, 'Zorst, Skull and Crossbones tyre valve covers​

I've heard this before. That said, last year i paid off 3 loans early and handed my old punto back (on Fiat Finance) and have not had any problems getting credit since.

Disclaimer: Any incorrect lexicography or grammar is entirely the fault of your eyes
RichieCWaves.jpg

Paying off a loan early is not a problem!

Defaulting on an agreement is, even though under the t&cs you are allowed to do it if a certain percentage of the TOTAL agreement has been paid. It should give you this figure on the bottom of the HP agreement.

If you do get black marked, check Equifax, and put the record straight for a nominal fee.

New Fiat Ulysse 2.2JTD Eleganza, in silver, with options :D

Cheers guy's.Just seems a little unfair that even though there Is no breach of the contract that Fiat finance can record a credit reference with an agency.I have spoken to trading standards,C.I.B and F.I.S.A as well a solicitor who all say that this Is quite common In the Industry.

Back