General Fiat Engine Oil

Currently reading:
General Fiat Engine Oil

Payno

Does anyone know a stockist for Fiat Selinia engine oil

SELENIA WR FORWARD 0/30​

It's increasingly difficult to source this in the UK in anything but 1litre containers, which makes it an expensive choice. Two suppliers I'm aware of are:

I've used Selenia to this point (I change oil annually) but largely because I've had a stock bought when it was cheaper and in larger containers.

Being out of warranty, I'm likely go for something like this next time:

(It isn't "vetted" by FIAT, but the manufacturer says it meets the spec, and I know of a number of Fiat Professional dealers who use this as their "bulk" supply - there are other alternative oils under the same situation).

Many thanks for your reply, my Fiat too is out of warranty but I do like to use the correct spec of oil but like you say it is very difficult to source it at a reasonable price, I'd like to use Castrol but I can't find one that is Fiat compatible.

In support of Hugh Jampton above I've been using Fuchs oils for a number of years now with excellent results. I've got both our cars -Panda 1.2 and Seat Ibiza with the wee, highly stressed, 1.0 direct injection turbo petrol engine - on their products. Also my older boy's 1.4 VVT Punto and my daughter in law's Honda Jazz. I've had several email conversations with Fuchs, especially about which oil would be best for the Ibiza, and their replies have always been highly informative and enthusiastic. I usually buy from either Opie or Powerenhancer and they sometimes have special offers on ebay which don't appear on their website so always worth checking before placing an order.

Many thanks for your reply, my Fiat too is out of warranty but I do like to use the correct spec of oil but like you say it is very difficult to source it at a reasonable price, I'd like to use Castrol but I can't find one that is Fiat compatible.

Ive gat a similar challenge with my petrol FIAT

OPIE oils are in SW England and have an excellent online Oil Comparator

Far better than the HighStreet Names.. who try and sell you what they have
'on the shelf'.. rather than what you need.

Do let us know what you find :)

The Ibiza recommended product was also Castrol and, when she was out of warranty, I inquired at the dealer as to what they were actually putting in her. Astonishingly they couldn't tell me, saying only that it comes in big commercial drums so there was no retail cross reference! I'm very suspicious regarding this as the dealer is a multi franchise outlet and I wouldn't be surprised to find they used the same oil in them all?

Castrol web site is very helpful. There are Castrol oils that suit all Fiats. Im a recent convert finding the Castrol oil does seem to do what they say. We dont get nasty knocking noised after the car has been left unused for a week or two. Using the recommended oil we did!

I never liked Castrol GTX and Im not related or employed by them. Castrol Edge is clearly a decent oil though.

In support of Hugh Jampton above I've been using Fuchs oils for a number of years now with excellent results. I've got both our cars -Panda 1.2 and Seat Ibiza with the wee, highly stressed, 1.0 direct injection turbo petrol engine - on their products. Also my older boy's 1.4 VVT Punto and my daughter in law's Honda Jazz. I've had several email conversations with Fuchs, especially about which oil would be best for the Ibiza, and their replies have always been highly informative and enthusiastic. I usually buy from either Opie or Powerenhancer and they sometimes have special offers on ebay which don't appear on their website so always worth checking before placing an order.
I think their willingness to help says a lot about the confidence in their products. I may well give them a try.

I think their willingness to help says a lot about the confidence in their products. I may well give them a try.
Castrol web site is very helpful. There are Castrol oils that suit all Fiats. Im a recent convert finding the Castrol oil does seem to do what they say. We dont get nasty knocking noised after the car has been left unused for a week or two. Using the recommended oil we did!
First time I serviced both the Panda and Punto - both cars bought around the same time - I got complete service packs from S4p which included oil as recommended by FIAT. The Punto seemed ok on it (although, with it living on the other side of town I don't drive it very often) but the Panda definitely rattled it's tappets for a noticeable time after start up. By the next service interval I'd already swapped to Fuchs on the Ibiza so it was a no brainer to order Fuchs oil for the two Fiats at the same time. Some months later, when I serviced the Fiats I refilled them both with the Fuchs - Titan GT1 5w-40 at that time, now superseded by Titan GT1 FLEX 3 5w-40) it was immediately noticeable that tappet (cam follower) rattle at start up was greatly reduced. There's still some to be heard but it's not unusual for the Panda to stand for days without being started so a wee bit of rattle is to be expected.

I certainly wouldn't "knock" the Castrol product, it's an excellent oil. However it annoys me that it comes in 4 litre containers as the Ibiza uses that to refill leaving nothing for top ups. the Fuchs comes in a 5 litre container at about the same price point, sometimes less when I can find an offer.

Also interesting I think is that VAG now, for some time actually, get their economy oil range, branded Quantum, from Fuchs whereas before it was a Castrol product (still under the Quantum brand banner.) https://www.fuchs.com/uk/en/company...-lubricants-uk-for-all-new-quantum-oil-range/ If it's good enough for TPS then it's good enough for me.

First time I serviced both the Panda and Punto - both cars bought around the same time - I got complete service packs from S4p which included oil as recommended by FIAT. The Punto seemed ok on it (although, with it living on the other side of town I don't drive it very often) but the Panda definitely rattled it's tappets for a noticeable time after start up. By the next service interval I'd already swapped to Fuchs on the Ibiza so it was a no brainer to order Fuchs oil for the two Fiats at the same time. Some months later, when I serviced the Fiats I refilled them both with the Fuchs - Titan GT1 5w-40 at that time, now superseded by Titan GT1 FLEX 3 5w-40) it was immediately noticeable that tappet (cam follower) rattle at start up was greatly reduced. There's still some to be heard but it's not unusual for the Panda to stand for days without being started so a wee bit of rattle is to be expected.

I certainly wouldn't "knock" the Castrol product, it's an excellent oil. However it annoys me that it comes in 4 litre containers as the Ibiza uses that to refill leaving nothing for top ups. the Fuchs comes in a 5 litre container at about the same price point, sometimes less when I can find an offer.

Also interesting I think is that VAG now, for some time actually, get their economy oil range, branded Quantum, from Fuchs whereas before it was a Castrol product (still under the Quantum brand banner.) https://www.fuchs.com/uk/en/company...-lubricants-uk-for-all-new-quantum-oil-range/ If it's good enough for TPS then it's good enough for me.
Always used to run the Golf and the Leon on Quantum then TPS started being difficult about supplying even though I was putting my orders through my business. It seemd another decent oil. Using 5w40 C3 Edge I havnt hear any rattles at all since hte first change. I have just bought another 4 litre can for £34. Its hte 3 litre bottles that anoy me. Thinly veiled con I feel. The rustly clour of the Suntium disater oil was still evident at hte lates change. If its not gone at the next change I shall flush the engine. Should have done it this time.

I also use fuchs on a personal level and also on a professional basis specifiying thier products (as a manufacturing engineer) due to dealings with thier technical departments in derby.

Always used to run the Golf and the Leon on Quantum then TPS started being difficult about supplying even though I was putting my orders through my business
Yes, I ran into that problem with TPS too. They used to allow me to buy on the strength of my IMI membership card. A couple of years after I retired I decided to cancel my membership and spend the membership fee on something more appropriate. From that moment on they wouldn't sell to me any more. I could order stuff through a couple of the garages I'm friendly with but I'm actually finding I'm getting on just fine buying big name pattern parts from factors instead and still saving a bit of money into the bargain.

Back