Technical Fiat Ducato gear box unavailable

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Ducato gear box unavailable

elunia1

I have a camper fiat Ducato 2013. I was away for 45 days. After that the car didn't want to start as the battery was too weak. (The battery was a bit weak even before that as the vehicle didn't get mych use for months)I charged the battery over night and next morning put it back and used jumper lead wired to my other car. The Ducato engine started but I have a message gear box unavailable. Any help?

I have a camper fiat Ducato 2013. I was away for 45 days. After that the car didn't want to start as the battery was too weak. (The battery was a bit weak even before that as the vehicle didn't get mych use for months)I charged the battery over night and next morning put it back and used jumper lead wired to my other car. The Ducato engine started but I have a message gear box unavailable. Any help?
I don't have specific knowledge on your vehicle , but it may be that due to the voltage drop the BCM body computer or another specific gearbox computer needs to have a "proxi alignment" using software diagnostics such as MES many use here or I have used in the past Snap On Zeus Diagnostic tool to basically search the system for all components and aligns or identifies them so they can "talk " to each other.
By the way is the alternator charging correctly now and is the battery fitted in fully charged condition as even a slight drop in voltage causes issues.
Don't you just love modern electronics!!!:(

Back