Technical Fiat Ducato 290 1.9td dethleffs globetrotter 1993

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Ducato 290 1.9td dethleffs globetrotter 1993

Helmar123

Since last year (2023) me and my friends are the owner of a camper van (what is the proper word in English). Until now there are no problems with it but since yesterday a red warning light popped up in the cluster panel. It looks like a turbo but I cannot find the description of the warning. Attached is a picture of it, in the right upper corner of the warning signs it can be seen. Can anyone tell me what this warning sign wants to tell us?
Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Helmar

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240514_122922_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240514_122922_Google.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 35
Since last year (2023) me and my friends are the owner of a camper van (what is the proper word in English). Until now there are no problems with it but since yesterday a red warning light popped up in the cluster panel. It looks like a turbo but I cannot find the description of the warning. Attached is a picture of it, in the right upper corner of the warning signs it can be seen. Can anyone tell me what this warning sign wants to tell us?
Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Helmar
Only guessing, but I tend to agree with you it looks like a turbo warning, given the age it may be hard to get much in the way of diagnostics read on it.
Does it feel to be down on power as though turbo isn't working correctly, any whistling like a turbo hose or intercooler split.
Or maybe an actuator rod seized on vacuum operated turbo, maybe also see if any wiring sensor in that area related to it.
I know sometimes warning messages are not very clear, I used to have an accountant who drove a "grey import" Lexus Soarer 400 car that came up with an error message written in Japanese on the dashboard, we couldn't see what was causing it, so finally he paid a Japanese student to translate the message it was " The screen washer fluid was empty":)

Back