Technical Fiat ducato 2002 2.8jtd

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat ducato 2002 2.8jtd

geezer0203

Hi found out why my gearbox won't go into 4th gear
The 4th gear cog had some baulk spring clips in it and one has snapped of which part of it is sticking out the slot in the side of the xog stopping the otherer cog going over the top of it to select 4th gear .got the spring clips to fix but looking at all the cogs and parts I was wanting to no if anyone had a video showing how to dismantle and refit the baulk spring clips and reassemble it as a bit worried might do something wrong or get something in the wrong place or order thanks again in advance mike .

Is yours anything like this with two per synchro hub holding the three "pegs that provide tension to the sliding gear when matching bronze synchro ring to gear speeds?
1691392224063.png

Ouch! Without looking at a Ducato gearbox manual I would assume the principle is similar, but obviously you have a bit more stripping down to do.
By the way am I looking at a snapped off torx tool in the top torx screw on the selector shaft in the photo or is it another specsavers moment and the least of your worries?:(

Ouch! Without looking at a Ducato gearbox manual I would assume the principle is similar, but obviously you have a bit more stripping down to do.
By the way am I looking at a snapped off torx tool in the top torx screw on the selector shaft in the photo or is it another specsavers moment and the least of your worries?:(
Oh prey do tell on picture is the supposed snapped bolt as my friend has stripped it with me lol if you could highlight on pic that would be great thanks

Oh prey do tell on picture is the supposed snapped bolt as my friend has stripped it with me lol if you could highlight on pic that would be great thanks
in the first photo at the bottom by the selector rod there are two Torx head bolts, to me it looked like to top one had the remains of a snapped Torx tool in it, so if it is , it is the tool and not the bolt that is broken, but it may be a Specsavers moment. If I new how to highlight in the photo I would.;)

Back