Technical Fiat Ducato 180 multijet gearbox oil change.

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Ducato 180 multijet gearbox oil change.

Aces

Hi I'm new and this is my first post. I have a 2014, Ducato 180 multijet Motorhome and I am changing the gearbox oil. I need some advice as all the foroms mentiom you fill it through a breather. Mine is 6 speed cruisematic and it doesnt have one. I have found a plug on the side of the gearbox and was wondering if this is where I should fill it. The other thing is that I Have a white bottle behind the clutch reservor that if someone knows what it is I would like information. Attached photos for your identification. That you all for any help you can give me.

Attachments

• IMG_20220919_095333.jpg
    IMG_20220919_095333.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 912
  • IMG_20220919_095112.jpg
    IMG_20220919_095112.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 232
Hi Welcome to forum from a fellow Aussie.
The rectangular bottle with the 2 hoses coming out of it is the hydraulic oil supply for the
pump that controls the gear shift mechanism, it uses Automatic transmission fluid (Dexron 111) so DO NOT put Dot 4 brake fluid in
it as it will be very expensive to repair & it also supplies hydraulic power for the clutch hydraulics (DOT 4) - the little round master cylinder which is a separate system.
See attached Pic for the various fill & drain plugs for the 3.0 ltr 6 Speed, both manual & Comfortmatic transmissions as they are the same transmission other than the gearshift & clutch controls. Sorry the picture is not that clear! According to the manual it takes 2.91 litres but I would check that to be sure & do not overfill.
Cheers

Attachments

• 3.0ltr 6 Speed oil change.jpg
    3.0ltr 6 Speed oil change.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 267
Hi, pretty sure that is the fill hole, I undid mine from below so different perspective to your picture, I found it easier with the wire disconnected from the sensor which I think is for the reverse light. I checked with local dealer and they confirmed it takes 2.9 of GL4 oil not GL5 which has additives that can damage the syncros and affect gear change. This was for a 2009 version so might be worth checking if the spec has changed since then.

Back