Technical Fiat ducato 1.9td dhx zfa230 2001 engine swap

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat ducato 1.9td dhx zfa230 2001 engine swap

tobiast

Hi all,

I am looking for some verry needed advice as I am a bit stuck.

The short story is, our camper went wild during our trip. Runaway diesel because of a broken turbo. We stranded in france but got it back home via transport to the netherlands.

I took the head of and saw that 2 bougies where not the same length. The inside of the cilinder is slightly damaged and the piston is damaged. The reason why I took the head of is because there was cooling liquid in the oil. This basically means a new engine or a overhoul.

The current engine is a 1.9td dhx.
I have a couple options which i am struggling with.
1.I might be able to buy a rehould 1.9td engine and then rebuild it with the parts i have of the current 1.9td and offcourse some new.

2. I was thinking of going a bit bigger as the engine needs to get out of there anyway and placing a larger engine. I thought of buying a second hand engine or car and place that engine in my camper. Does anybody know where i can find which engines fit my fiat ducato zfa230 from 2001 most (easily)? And which engine would you recommend? I just want a trustworthy engine for what it can be.

We had in mind a budget of around 5k and probably going to do it with a friend.

I am open to all suggestions,advice or tips!
If any more information is needed please let me know!

Kind regards,
Tobias

No do not try and fit a different engine .....it is far more complicated than you think.

Is your engine the Peugeot/ Citroen xud type?

If it is they are very good engines and many millions were made...you should be able to find a rebuilt one or may be a used one.

Hi all,

I am looking for some verry needed advice as I am a bit stuck.

The short story is, our camper went wild during our trip. Runaway diesel because of a broken turbo. We stranded in france but got it back home via transport to the netherlands.

I took the head of and saw that 2 bougies where not the same length. The inside of the cilinder is slightly damaged and the piston is damaged. The reason why I took the head of is because there was cooling liquid in the oil. This basically means a new engine or a overhoul.

The current engine is a 1.9td dhx.
I have a couple options which i am struggling with.
1.I might be able to buy a rehould 1.9td engine and then rebuild it with the parts i have of the current 1.9td and offcourse some new.

2. I was thinking of going a bit bigger as the engine needs to get out of there anyway and placing a larger engine. I thought of buying a second hand engine or car and place that engine in my camper. Does anybody know where i can find which engines fit my fiat ducato zfa230 from 2001 most (easily)? And which engine would you recommend? I just want a trustworthy engine for what it can be.

We had in mind a budget of around 5k and probably going to do it with a friend.

I am open to all suggestions,advice or tips!
If any more information is needed please let me know!

Kind regards,
Tobias
I have an engine in pieces due to a bent conrod..... everything is there it would just need putting back together with replacement rods and gaskets etc... etc...

Back