General Fiat doblo 1.3 multijet. 2013

Currently reading:
General Fiat doblo 1.3 multijet. 2013

Sparkyboy123

Hi all
Bit of a embarrassing story.
I basically thought the flashing oil light meant low oil. Nope it’s a service light
I basically put too much oil in. And all hell went loose. I stalled the vehicle to stop engine reving constantly
Got to a mechanic he told I was lucky. he has sorted it well drained access oil checked intercoller
And a serviced it.
Problem now is a slight wuring from the turbo I suspect Wondering what sort of damage I may have caused to this
Air filter after episode was dry and good.
I’m a electrician so no clue
Little concerned as to what might happen if turbo goes as don’t want to wreck my engine
Just a thing though my iveco truck turbo always sings a bit always has done
Thanks in advance

Hi all
Bit of a embarrassing story.
I basically thought the flashing oil light meant low oil. Nope it’s a service light
I basically put too much oil in. And all hell went loose. I stalled the vehicle to stop engine reving constantly
Got to a mechanic he told I was lucky. he has sorted it well drained access oil checked intercoller
And a serviced it.
Problem now is a slight wuring from the turbo I suspect Wondering what sort of damage I may have caused to this
Air filter after episode was dry and good.
I’m a electrician so no clue
Little concerned as to what might happen if turbo goes as don’t want to wreck my engine
Just a thing though my iveco truck turbo always sings a bit always has done
Thanks in advance
It sounds like you were lucky not to destroy the engine when it "ran away" as often happens. If you feel the turbo sounds different ask your mechanic to inspect it for damage to the vanes on the impeller or if there is excessive movement in the bearing of the turbo.

It sounds like you were lucky not to destroy the engine when it "ran away" as often happens. If you feel the turbo sounds different ask your mechanic to inspect it for damage to the vanes on the impeller or if there is excessive movement in the bearing of the turbo.
Thanks will do.

Back