General Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo

Currently reading:
General Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo

bridges said:
Looks wise only the wheels and brakes are different between turbo and N/A the later LE and Plus models had kits fitted which are cheap as chips to buy.

These wheels cost me £200
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g60/Mr_Bridges/r143.jpg?t=1165427238

You are refering to the later VIS 20v engine :rolleyes: ;) Here is my 20v engine

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g60/Mr_Bridges/101006.jpg?t=1165427078

As Vicks says Seats are often cloth on the Turbo's as well.
On the 20v the cloth is ok.

Yes all the inside is the same.

My 20v has in 7months - 8000 miles needed new front pads and a clutch. luckily I did all the work so only cost £100 total. It has had 2x oil changes. Never uses oil between services. :)

You will be lucky to get 180bhp a filter sounds great but if lucky you will see maybe 3bhp on a cold day. A full exhaust with decat might see 7bhp but less low torque and a chip will just govern things and smooth out some flat spots. with all you might get just over 160bhp You would need cams to get decent power and they cost a fortune.

Cool. I only do 6000 miles a year anyway and i always warm up the engine properly, I don't usually drive hard so a coupe should last with me?

The performance parts i am intending to use are proper, bespoke parts (not K&N + powerflow universal job), with good proven gains. (on punto's and cinques anyway).

In the perfect world i would have an LE, but i don't think i could afford one :( Maybe next year if the price doens't go up.

To be honest a filter is a filter. The difference between a good filter and a cheap universal one is the filtration system. A decent one will block particles but still allow decent airflow. The best filter in the world with a decent cold air feed will not give more than about 3 to 4bhp on this engine.

The idea of a good exhaust is that it keeps engine torque does not boom on low revs yet manages to free up any bhp by de restricting. Again on this engine I doubt you will see much more than 7bhp including removal of the cat.

Manufacturers are not stupid parts are designed to give the best overall engine charecteristics, there only downfall is on strict issues such as emissions mpg and noise. this is where you will gain with aftermarket goods. For example a full straight through exhaust will gain bhp but only at the top of the rev range and loose it at slower speeds.

The only time these mods really help produce serious gains is where manufacturers have purposefully restricted there cars possibly to keep them in a lower insurance rating. For example, the 106 quicksilver is restrricted by 5bhp through its induction system therefore a freeflow filter will benefit.

Ransoman said:
Cool. I only do 6000 miles a year anyway and i always warm up the engine properly, I don't usually drive hard so a coupe should last with me?

The performance parts i am intending to use are proper, bespoke parts (not K&N + powerflow universal job), with good proven gains. (on punto's and cinques anyway).

In the perfect world i would have an LE, but i don't think i could afford one :( Maybe next year if the price doens't go up.

Red LE availble in Edinburgh http://www.fccuk.org/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=194543&an=0&page=0#Post194543 ;)

Back