Technical Fiat Cinquecento RPM Gauge Issues

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Cinquecento RPM Gauge Issues

L3ks4

Hello everyone! I'm new to the Cinquecento world. Namely, when i bought my car, a '97 Cinquecento Sporting the RPM Gauge was never working... The rest of the cluster is absolutely fine. Yesterday I attemped to fix the issue by looking at all of the wiring and everything else, but to no avail. I have a injector light on no matter if the car is on or off. I also followed the guide to wiring up the rpm gauge manually and i noticed the pin 23 that's supposed to output 1.3 volts on idle outputs about 0.001v, which is basically nothing. What could be the problem and ehat else should i check? P.S. The wiring has continuity all the way to the dash and in the dash everything looks absolutely perfect.
Thanks in advance and feel free to ask me anything.

Could it be the stepper motor? If it's got power at the cluster, then the bit that needs to do something is the stepper.

Ralf S.
Haven't tried checking it since i don't have a power supply to test it manually, but from a visual examination there's not a single visible fault in the whole daughterboard it's on, and the motor itself looks to be really healthy, as i said, my main suspect is the ECU not giving out any voltage

Back