Technical Fiat bravo problem

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat bravo problem

dogarustfn

Hi, I have a 1998 Fiat Bravo 1.4 12v and I sometimes intapla to tureze until 5000 to lower or higher rpms are between 1500 and 1600 revs and stays that way.
What sensor must be changed because I heard several versions: sensor speed or geared motor step by step and use some heat in the car so hard not hot air after 3 or 4 minutes but after about 20 minutes away by it.thanks

About the heating problem, probably a bad thermostat. Does the engine warm up very slowly also?

yes very slowly,and I noticed that I no longer starts electroventilatorul (fan behind the radiator)

Last edited:
Thermostat definitely do not cause that idle problems. Even if yours is completly leaky, engine should idle at 1200 revs/min.
Do not spend any money for senosors, etc. until you do not know where the fault is. You can do a lot with multimeter - measuring sensors resistance or drive car to FIAT service to test with FIAT tester.
I advice to dismount and clean throttle body carefully. Once I read about corroded TPS on 1.4 12v.

I checked the throttle body and is not a dirty injector spray, I changed and geared motor step (after I got a car, it has the same code) and I checked the throttle sensor and checked the spark plugs and were blackened (2 months ago have been changed) but were blackened, leam curatat.O representative to go and fiat

am fost la reprezentanta fiat si nu a gasit nimic pe tester,mia recomandat sa schimb termostatul,pe langa asta o sa schimb si distributia maine si cam atat.

sorry I wrote above in Romanian.I was the representative fiat and did not find anything on the tester, mia recommended to change the thermostat, in addition to exchange and distribute this one tomorrow and that's all.

I solved it kindly, was the thermostat, but I have a little problem ... start sometimes difficult

I solved it kindly, was the thermostat, but I have a little problem ... start sometimes difficult
It is bound to be difficult especially in the lower temperatures of the winter. You should also make sure that the battery is fully charged.

The battery I just got it two weeks, is 65 amps higher than the original (55 amps). I had this problem and when it was hot.

Good job that you put on a 65 amp battery in place of the original 55 amp one. When the engine is rather hot it usually helps to press the gas pedal slightly in order to start first time out.

Of course not!! Quite the contrary. The bigger battery should come in handy particularly in these freezing conditions.

Try an ECU reset, by disconecting battery and leaving a few hours, not sure how intelligent they are but my friends Brava had same fault, after changed Thermostat, it did not like to start after a run when it was warm, he disconect battery over night.
Once reconected cars seems to be ok now, starts fine hot or cold, not sure if it saves settings, some how, so perhaps ECU still thinks the car is cold and needs more fuel, may help you, don't really know why it sorted itself out after the reset, unless ECU stores last peramiters, and sometimes does not over write them, worth a try and its FREE!!!!

I would measure battery voltage when car is warming up. Voltage regulator is temperature depended, maybe your ECU gets too low voltage when heated up. Voltage should not fall belov 13,9V

give the key and does not start and smells of gasoline, but not always ... rarely happens to this.

hello my Fiat Bravo 1.4 12c and I have a problem with high consumption of 12-13l petrol in town. operation of the engines in idle is 700-900rpm. I change the temperature sensor and crankshaft. I apologize for not writing good English.

Back