Technical Fiat Bravo dashboard knocking sound

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Bravo dashboard knocking sound

tishka383

Hi again guys,

I have seen many posts about knocking sounds from the dash but not sure if it is what I am looking for.

Recently the car has developed knocking sounds on engine start up, location is somewhere on passenger's side behind glove box, closer to the centre console. I searched the internet and people are saying it could be the actuators that control the heating.:confused:

Let me give you a little low down:

- When you start the engine on cold start, no knocking, the engine warms up, no knocking, all fans working, all are giving heat and cold air when needed.

- Let's turn the engine off, while the engine is hot and we start the engine, that's when it becomes interesting.
- 1st test is turning the key to MAR (sound file Car knock).
- Sometimes the knocking doesn't happen, but then I start the engine, 2nd test is to start the engine (sound file Car knock 2)

The knocking starts and finishes, all fans are working, the heating is working, no problem. During driving there are no problems...so I have no idea what this sound is.

- On 3rd test I turned off the AC (OFF button). And voila, no knocking sound on engine start ups. So what could this be? Some problem with AC somewhere? Don't want the mechanics ripping me off for changing the whole AC.

Now turning the radio to 0, AC is still OFF I noticed there was a faint buzzing sound coming from behind the central fans (sound file Car sound buzz). It's very faint, I mean turning the radio to 1 and you can't hear anything anymore. Is this just the electrics?

Please see the zip attached with the car sounds. Some advice is appreciated. :worship::worship:

Attachments

• Car sounds.zip
    359 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Hi,
I know it has been ages since you posted this, but I hope you can lead me in some direction? I would be very grateful, because I have been searching the internet for this problem. I have the same issue. I have heard your sound files and it is exactly the same knocking. Everything seems to be working, but as soon as I turn on the ignition the knocking starts. It stops after a few times and sometimes there is no knocking at all...

Have been able to resolve this issue?

Any help would be great!
Kind regards
Andrew

Back